Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Street

Old February 18th, 2016, 07:00 AM
To clarify this conversation, AB(Fringeworthy) behaves just like any other AB. The various Powers have actual mechanical effects. The only difference from the other AB's are that all the Powers are unique to Fringeworthy and that a character can take this AB along with another AB from the core rules.

Seems to me that the best long-term solution is to create a completely unique set of tabs in HL that function identically to the other AB's yet are completely separate entities from them. I have looked around for how to accomplish this and have drawn blanks so far. I'd be obliged if I could be pointed in the right direction.
Street is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old February 21st, 2016, 08:25 AM
I'd suspect (though there are others here who are much more qualified to do talk about it) that that may be beyond the scope of just the editor.
Paragon is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 1st, 2016, 06:30 PM
Then Fringeworthy can't really be set up as an AB. Hero Lab only supports a single Arcane Background. It's one of the core rules, only 1 Arcane Background per character, so Hero Lab was not set up to support more than one. It'd take a fairly serious re-write to change that.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:25 AM
That was kind of what I thought. This kind of problem has come up before with settings that do the multple-AB thing.
Paragon is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:58 AM
There are ways to fake it when you want to mix and match.

For example, if you wanted to have both Magic and Miracles, you could make an edge that costs 2, and the new edge would grant both arcane backgrounds as a single one that is added together. However, there is no way to specify which background a power works for other than listing it as the trapping.

And power points is the next question. This can be listed on the edge as part of its own script, though, where the edge keeps its own total. I have done this many times. This is a non-issue if both arcane backgrounds do not track power points.

So, it is possible.

What is impossible is having both a normal arcane background and super powers from the Super Hero Companion.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.

Last edited by SeeleyOne; March 2nd, 2016 at 11:00 AM. Reason: edit because my keyboard is stiff and makes me miss letters.
SeeleyOne is offline   #25 Reply With Quote