Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

skaven

Old January 11th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Hi all, rather new to the forum, but strong lurker nevertheless

First, i am sorry for the awful english, not my native (i am italian).

I am starting a project to put on a Races of Destiny (3.5) implementation for Hero Labs. Right now, i have all the races ready (working on illumian power sigils combination), and starting on the feats.

I don't know if it has already done, but i am doing it for my personal use, and if needed, i will gladly release it to add with the 3.5 user file.

I have a couple of questions about:

- Best way of exporting: compile or not compile? (that is the question...) Can you tell me if it is better to export as a single (complete) compile or exporting every single race, class, etc?

- Copyright questions: may i just blindly copy-paste rules and tables, if i intend to release it to the public, or there is some "quirk" i have to use before (or after) doing all the work?

Thank you in advance for all the answers, and good gaming!
skaven is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 11th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaven View Post
I am starting a project to put on a Races of Destiny (3.5) implementation for Hero Labs. Right now, i have all the races ready (working on illumian power sigils combination), and starting on the feats.

I don't know if it has already done, but i am doing it for my personal use, and if needed, i will gladly release it to add with the 3.5 user file.
Are you doing this for d20 or Pathfinder? I ask as allot of the 3.5 books where done and released by the community. See Community Created 3.5 D&D data set for more info. I can't remember at this time if RoD where done or not or how much was done.

Quote:
- Best way of exporting: compile or not compile? (that is the question...) Can you tell me if it is better to export as a single (complete) compile or exporting every single race, class, etc?
Easiest is just to share the data (.user) file or files directly as others can just place the .user file in the game folder and start hero lab. Though can also create an Import File (.hl) by going to the Tools->HL Export Tool.

Quote:
- Copyright questions: may i just blindly copy-paste rules and tables, if i intend to release it to the public, or there is some "quirk" i have to use before (or after) doing all the work?
It is illegal to give out Copy Righted information which Races of Destiny is as it does NOT fall under the OGL.

That said the community has released allot of the 3.5 books and so far no issues but want to be clear it is illegal to do.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
skaven

Old January 13th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Race of Destiny is not present in the list, so i guess that Aaron stopped adding those books, and they're not in the to-do list either.

I am doing it anyway for my personal campaign (have a Chameleon AND and Illumian character), so if they work i will be glad to release them, plus a bit of outside testing helps

I don't have an ETA though. Just started compiling races and some feats.
Learning as i write, and trying and NOT use text-only, but interacting with structures.

Will keep you informed.
skaven is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
skaven

Old January 31st, 2012, 04:25 AM
Little Update:

All Races done (except Illumian Power Sigils combination).
Feats 10% done.

Still working on.
skaven is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
skaven

Old February 4th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I keep having problems with the Skulk Monster class (or any Monster Class i add, btw).

The problem is reported on the screenshot attached, can you help me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot_skulk_error.jpg (185.1 KB, 12 views)
skaven is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
skaven

Old May 24th, 2012, 01:48 AM
This project is ongoing.

I have finished all the feats and the races (yes, even Able Learner).
Had to skip on the monster races because of some internal error i can't manage (see my previous post).

Now i am delving in the Chameleon Prestige Class (i bet the other Prc in the book would be a breeze).

A question for all coders: Is there a way for a class to add a second "Spell Tab"?

Chameleon get to choose from Arcane and Divine spells every day. So i wanted to put in the character sheet the Arcane Spells (for which they have a normal spellbook), which is easily and already done, but i couldn't find the way of adding a second "Chameleon" Tab to put the Divine Spell list (and manage the different total spell, based on Intelligence and Wisdom, respectively).

Can someone help me?
skaven is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
This project is ongoing.

I have finished all the feats and the races (yes, even Able Learner).
Had to skip on the monster races because of some internal error i can't manage (see my previous post).

Now i am delving in the Chameleon Prestige Class (i bet the other Prc in the book would be a breeze).

A question for all coders: Is there a way for a class to add a second "Spell Tab"?

Chameleon get to choose from Arcane and Divine spells every day. So i wanted to put in the character sheet the Arcane Spells (for which they have a normal spellbook), which is easily and already done, but i couldn't find the way of adding a second "Chameleon" Tab to put the Divine Spell list (and manage the different total spell, based on Intelligence and Wisdom, respectively).

Can someone help me?
Are you working on Aptitude Focus? It looks like the chameleon gets to choose between arcane or divine, among other things. This seems like something you'd have to do as a custom ability, which would mean adding spells with a script. I'm not entirely sure how to do that off the top of my head. Is there another class that does something similar?

Last edited by Sendric; May 24th, 2012 at 04:56 AM.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
skaven

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:27 PM
What i thought is adding two Tabs - Chameleon Arcane Spells and Chameleon Divine Spells.
That way i could choose the spells independently from each other and have them printed on the sheet, too.

The other two foci are in-play adjustment, so i haven't any problem with them.

The only class that does something remotely similar is the Archivist (maybe the Factotum?).

Can two class tabs be added instead of one?
skaven is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 29th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
What i thought is adding two Tabs - Chameleon Arcane Spells and Chameleon Divine Spells.
That way i could choose the spells independently from each other and have them printed on the sheet, too.

The other two foci are in-play adjustment, so i haven't any problem with them.

The only class that does something remotely similar is the Archivist (maybe the Factotum?).

Can two class tabs be added instead of one?
Yes. You have to create another class then bootstrap it. As to how well that would work, I'm not sure. A quick test on my end shows that it compiles, but gives a bunch of errors when its selected.

For the Factotum, I created custom abilities that allows the user to select spells from a dropdown list. This method assumes the user knows what spell they want since its just an alphabetical listing. It's not the most ideal for selecting spells the usual way.

Last edited by Sendric; May 29th, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
skaven

Old June 13th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Project almost finished.

Races: All done except for the Monster Classes: there is a Hero Lab bug i cannot get rid of.

Prestige Classes: All done except the Chameleon (big PITA! )

Feats: 90% done. Only two left are about favorite classes... i am working on it.

Will probably finish in this weekend. Chameleon apart, OFC!
skaven is offline   #10 Reply With Quote