TobyFox2002

Old August 2nd, 2014, 02:56 AM
Yes, I did the community data patch.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #261 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 2nd, 2014, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylin View Post
My Hero Lab 5.2 was working fine, but I foolishly updating to 5.3. Now I can't see the Lawful_G datasets, and character files are riddled with errors.

I did a full clean re-install, including D20 dataset, Lawful_G dataset, and our campaign .user file.

To say I am mad at myself for updating is an understatement.

Can anybody offer any suggestions? I am a very novice user.

With best regards,

J
The Lawful G dataset 1.12 and HL 5.3 work together. I suggest removing the campaign .user file and seeing if HL compiles correctly. If it does, then the issue is in the campaign file. Are there any classes in it? If so, they may need to be re-compiled with Test Now. It would also help if you could post the error message (you can right-click on the error window to copy the message to the clipboard).
Sendric is offline   #262 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 2nd, 2014, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
When trying to add feats (or do just about anything), I receive the error:

Attempt to access non-live pick 'rDarkVis' from script
Location: 'per-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fPiercDark' near line 1

Now, I've tried to see if I can fix it but I can't the feat Pierce the Darkness from Races of the stone appears to be working perfectly. Whats more I'm not even trying add this feat and it lists it as an error... Not quite sure what to make of this.
This looks like a problem with the feat itself. I went into the feat and changedd every instance of rDarkVis to rDarkVis2 which improved things, but I may need to do more with it. It seems to work fine if you choose a race with Darkvision.

Anyway, I cannot reproduce the error without selecting the feat, so I can only suggest that you must have it somewhere in your portfolio. I'll log this as a bug and see what I can do with it when I have more time.

Update: Fixed.

Last edited by Sendric; August 4th, 2014 at 05:43 AM.
Sendric is offline   #263 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old August 2nd, 2014, 05:51 AM
I got the updates all installed and noticed (Yay!) that Gestalt has been added in. Oddly though is it suppose to be considered Work In Progress or in a release for use state? so far it only shows cleric on custom abilities that I can add to it and no other info with the cleric listing. Since I admittedly didn't scope out the changelog yet, I may be posting something you already know and I do apologize. If there is a developers link (assuming it is a WIP) showing some doctrine on it could someone please post it or pm me where it is?
Thank you in Advance.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #264 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 2nd, 2014, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
I got the updates all installed and noticed (Yay!) that Gestalt has been added in. Oddly though is it suppose to be considered Work In Progress or in a release for use state? so far it only shows cleric on custom abilities that I can add to it and no other info with the cleric listing. Since I admittedly didn't scope out the changelog yet, I may be posting something you already know and I do apologize. If there is a developers link (assuming it is a WIP) showing some doctrine on it could someone please post it or pm me where it is?
Thank you in Advance.
Well, that was unintentional. Sorry to get your hopes up. The Gestalt class isn't ready, and was included by accident. Can't say I'm surprised. Been that kind of week.
Sendric is offline   #265 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old August 2nd, 2014, 09:36 AM
The Natural Werewolf has Weapon Focus Bite as a granted feat, but hero labs tells me the hero does not meet the +1 Base Attack requirement. But the hero already has the required base attack.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #266 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 2nd, 2014, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
The Natural Werewolf has Weapon Focus Bite as a granted feat, but hero labs tells me the hero does not meet the +1 Base Attack requirement. But the hero already has the required base attack.
Thanks. Should be an easy fix. I'll log it.

Update: Took a look at this. The template is not in the community set. Its in the base HL, so this is actually a core bug, which means I'll pass it on to Shadow.

Last edited by Sendric; August 4th, 2014 at 05:17 AM.
Sendric is offline   #267 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I found an issue with the custom weapons option. when I select to make a small weapon it becomes a medium sized weapon once added to the gear list. Although this shouldn't be an issue since the standard weapons add as they should. The item I wanted to make was a Gnomish repeating crossbow (heavy) with capacity yet no options for this exist as of yet.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #268 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 21st, 2014, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
I found an issue with the custom weapons option. when I select to make a small weapon it becomes a medium sized weapon once added to the gear list. Although this shouldn't be an issue since the standard weapons add as they should. The item I wanted to make was a Gnomish repeating crossbow (heavy) with capacity yet no options for this exist as of yet.
I can't seem to duplicate the size issue here. Can you tell me what steps you are taking to cause this? I would also recommend making sure that the size drop-down menu is set to small if you want the item to be small.

As for the other issue, if you want to make a weapon a holder, try adding the tag thing.holder in the editor. To do this, click on the Tag button in the upper right and add "thing" as the Group ID and "holder" as the Tag ID.
Sendric is offline   #269 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old August 21st, 2014, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I can't seem to duplicate the size issue here. Can you tell me what steps you are taking to cause this? I would also recommend making sure that the size drop-down menu is set to small if you want the item to be small.

As for the other issue, if you want to make a weapon a holder, try adding the tag thing.holder in the editor. To do this, click on the Tag button in the upper right and add "thing" as the Group ID and "holder" as the Tag ID.
It seems my client of Herolab (or a setting in windows itself) doesn't like to register what is currently selected in the menu option, which after I select it (been clicking on a random size option then back) it works. I will admit I have been playing with the HL Editor alot last night adding my own variants for some home-brewed games. Could it be possible that when I do a test in the editor that it might (somewhere/somereason) mess with the GUI of HL a bit?

Also I got this question.
I noticed that Sword-bows don't register on the weapon focus list. Currently using the Scout class for my build with the sword-bow. Is there a possible function I am missing here or is it a bug? If the ladder I hope its not a big issue.

Thanks for the input!
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #270 Reply With Quote