Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
daplunk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 2,257

Old November 27th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Hi Rob,

Welcome back to the land of the normal.

A small request but one that would be immensely useful.

When creating a new topic we get the ability to create Alternate Names which is very useful. In 98% of my use cases however I do not want those alternate names to be visible in the Topic list. I therefore end up going into the topic and modifying the name settings to adjust the name settings.

Could we have a way to define this either:
a) globally in the realm settings
b) have an option in the Create New Content pane that remembers the settings used previously.

This would greatly speed up data entry.

Thanks,

Josh

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
Realm Works - Community Content List
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Greebo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 274

Old November 27th, 2018, 10:46 PM
+1

That change would spare me a lot of work, too!


Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Merion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany, so please bear with my English
Posts: 358

Old November 27th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
In 98% of my use cases however I do not want those alternate names to be visible in the Topic list.
Same here! So a big fat +1 from me!
Merion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 468

Old November 28th, 2018, 03:22 AM
+1 here too
Bidmaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,688

Old November 28th, 2018, 04:59 AM
Does anyone ever want alternate names in the navigation pane? Wouldn't the better option be to allow you to opt in to something like that rather than making it the default?

+1

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Merion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany, so please bear with my English
Posts: 358

Old November 28th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Does anyone ever want alternate names in the navigation pane? Wouldn't the better option be to allow you to opt in to something like that rather than making it the default?

+1
Occasionally I do, like the mob boss in my world that's commonly known as the raven and only a select few know her real name.

But I concur, most of the time I don't want several names for the same topic, so it would probably best to make this opt-in.
Merion is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,688

Old November 28th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Occasionally I do, like the mob boss in my world that's commonly known as the raven and only a select few know her real name.

But I concur, most of the time I don't want several names for the same topic, so it would probably best to make this opt-in.
But wouldn't that be a case where you use the true name feature for the topic? Where the topics name is The Raven and the true name is the character's true name is what ever it is. Then it shows up in nav as both and The Raven is replaced by the true name for the players when that is revealed.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
daplunk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 2,257

Old November 28th, 2018, 09:04 AM
The major weakness here IMO is player reveal. How many people are actually using it? It was designed the way it is assuming that's how people would be using it. The majority of people to my knowledge don't use the player access so therefore it just creates more mess in the topic list.

That will likely change once player access becomes a Web site though. I'd wager most players interest is accessing the info will spike due to the increased ease of access at which time it will be important to support both ways.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
Realm Works - Community Content List
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base
daplunk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,688

Old November 28th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
The major weakness here IMO is player reveal. How many people are actually using it? It was designed the way it is assuming that's how people would be using it. The majority of people to my knowledge don't use the player access so therefore it just creates more mess in the topic list.

That will likely change once player access becomes a Web site though. I'd wager most players interest is accessing the info will spike due to the increased ease of access at which time it will be important to support both ways.
True. Maybe there should be a flag for showing alt. names in player mode only. I doubt most content authors are going to need to access something through the tree by looking up an alt name.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Greebo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 274

Old November 28th, 2018, 09:48 PM
Since we are at the process of topic creation, there is on imho immensely useful feature request that came up in the Facebook group:

Quote:
apply a name AND a PREFIX and a SUFFIX all during the creation process
+1, from me.


Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.