Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Jorrack

Old July 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
I am looking to get a tablet pc and use Hero Lab on a tablet at games. I
am currently interested in the Asus Transformer Book Trio which is a
Windows 8 Laptop where the tablet runs Android when detached.

Can hero Lab run on this or are there any plans to bring it out on
Android tablets like the Ipad. The software is perfect for this type of role especially when so many feats and spells can alter stats requiring you to work out adjustments slowing the flow of the game down.
Jorrack is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hi Jorrack,

We don't have any near-term plans to bring Hero Lab to Android tablets, but we're aware that there's a large demand for Hero Lab to be used on them (see the Android tablet thread for plenty of evidence of that...) Hero Lab should work fine when your tablet is running Windows 8 (assuming it's running Windows 8 Pro and NOT Windows RT), but it won't run under Android.

Creating an app for a new platform is a major step for us, so we have to be careful about what we plan to support. Hero Lab for the iPad took us over a year to develop, for example.

We're aware that users want Hero Lab on other platforms and are carefully considering the situation. Unfortunately we're a tiny company, so we simply don't have the resources to commit to other platforms immediately.

We'll announce any updates to this situation in our monthly newsletter, so I recommend you keep an eye on that for any new information as it arises.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote