Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

ErinRigh

Old November 18th, 2016, 11:06 PM
I know this is an old topic, but I am wondering if anyone involved in the d20 data set has any thoughts on addressing this.

Checking back I can find issues with this going back at least 4 years!

I may be in a minority but I would really like to see Epic character support in Hero Lab. Epic characters fall in line with Open Gaming guidelines and the SRD, so why not support in Hero Lab?

But aside from that, does anyone have an idea on how I would create an adjustment (preferably a condition) that would add the Epic hero (Hero.Epic) state to a character making epic feats valid for the character.

Seriously though, can anyone tell me why epic character support is so limited within HL?
ErinRigh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 20th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Its called "time". I have very little of it and so my decisions are often based on what has the biggest impact on those using the software. The improvements to spells, spell-like abilities, and deities will affect 99% of the user base. Epic will affect maybe 25% of the user base.

Not saying I will never get to improving Epic support. But I need to stay focused on the changes that will help the most number of users.

That means Epic/Gestalt will stay as low-priority in the list. As I make other improvements I will keep them in mind and if something happens where I can add in a feature that also will help Epic/Gestalt then it will happen.

But as been seen lately I think many more people would be happier with support for say "Configurables" in the editor. That allows for "new" tabs to be added allowing for more customization by editors and the community.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 20th, 2016, 11:14 AM
No problem SC, time is a precious commodity for all lately
ErinRigh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
But aside from that, does anyone have an idea on how I would create an adjustment (preferably a condition) that would add the Epic hero (Hero.Epic) state to a character making epic feats valid for the character.
anybody got any thoughts on this?
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old November 22nd, 2016, 05:24 PM
The hardest part as I see it would be figuring out the classes affected and calculating the appropriate adjustments. Time consuming and clunky coding, but manageable I think. My own gaming groups either finish the campaigns before epic (victory or death) or have simply continued level (like Pathfinder) for levels above 20.

I don't even know where my ELHB is anymore, so can you refresh my memory on what exactly the changes for 21+ level are? As I recall BAB is replaced by just an attack bonus, and the saves are the same for all classes.
Nightfox is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 23rd, 2016, 01:48 AM
Well I have no problems using continued advancement, which is how hero lab handles it now, but epic feats require that Hero.Epic <> 0. this state does not appear on characters who are character level 21 automatically and I am looking for a way to do it Manually.
ErinRigh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Well I have no problems using continued advancement, which is how hero lab handles it now, but epic feats require that Hero.Epic <> 0. this state does not appear on characters who are character level 21 automatically and I am looking for a way to do it Manually.
Can you make a special, which once bootstrapped, checks for level greater than 20 and assigns the Hero.Epic tag?

Possibly an adjustment or Epic template.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:04 AM
Quote:
I thought there was one already. I will look into it when I get a chance. In the meantime, you should be able to create a script that searches for total class level (should be a herofield), and if above 20, you can assign the tag:

perform hero.assign[Hero.Epic]
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 23rd, 2016, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I thought there was one already. I will look into it when I get a chance. In the meantime, you should be able to create a script that searches for total class level (should be a herofield), and if above 20, you can assign the tag:

perform hero.assign[Hero.Epic]
Should be able to, but I am just little in the realm of coding, so how about a bit of a walkthrough?

I'd like to create a condition that I can simply click on and set the character as Epic, any thoughts?
ErinRigh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old November 23rd, 2016, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
I don't even know where my ELHB is anymore, so can you refresh my memory on what exactly the changes for 21+ level are? As I recall BAB is replaced by just an attack bonus, and the saves are the same for all classes.
BAB stops increasing once you hit 20 HD. After that, you get a +1 Epic bonus every odd level. You also no longer get class bonuses to saves and instead get a +1 Epic bonus to saves every even level. Other than that, class abilities are gained as listed by the class.
Illyahr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote