Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kaleb

Old October 20th, 2010, 03:45 PM
You guys have the best products but the worst interface for buying products
I am trying to buy the Pathfinder Companion Bundle but cannot get past the contact screen to enter my card information and complete the sale.

what gives why the convoluted sales interface?
Kaleb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Are you able to give some more information for them to help you out if possible? I know when I buy more datasets (and I agree they are awesome!) I go through the HL screen under the license tab at the very top. It brings a drop down menu and the bottom of the drop down there is a Purchase Data Package. This seems to be the easiest approach and has worked for me everytime. After that just follow directions I hope this helps?

Either way I wish you well and hope this gets resolved for you sooner rather then later.
-jon
Nikmal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old October 20th, 2010, 10:50 PM
It seems the coontact screen did not like how I entered my contact information.

I deleted all ingformation in the contact information screen and reentered the information and it wrked and I got my data sets.
Kaleb is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Sorry for the hassle with this. I'm glad you got it figured out.

Do you have any idea what was "special" about the data you were entering? Were there any special characters involved in any of the fields? What was the error message you were getting when you weren't allowed to proceed?

If you can provide any clues to what was going wrong, we can investigate and see about fixing any problem that is lurking in there.

As for "why the convoluted sales interface", there are a bunch of factors involved. Probably the biggest one is simply that we're a tiny company, so we can either focus our energies on improving the products or improving other things - like the online purchase mechanism. Since users only have to deal with the purchase process rarely compared to the constant use of the product itself, and since the online purchase mechanism does work (albeit somewhat clunkily), we've focused on improving the products.

We've got a todo list a mile long and we're prioritizing things based on what will have the greatest impact for the largest number of users. Unfortunately, we can't get everything done that we'd like.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Deleted - Inadvertent duplicate post...
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote