Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BBiggar

Old October 24th, 2010, 12:14 PM
So, how's it going, are we still looking at an end of the year release?
BBiggar is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
EdtheDM

Old October 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I would like to hear how things are going on the SR ruleset and if it's possible, could we get some general information on what you're considering implementing in the initial rules set with regards to the five core books (if any) and what will come along in later datasets?

Thanks,

Ed
EdtheDM is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
fenriswolf

Old November 4th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
fenriswolf is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 4th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdtheDM View Post
I would like to hear how things are going on the SR ruleset and if it's possible, could we get some general information on what you're considering implementing in the initial rules set with regards to the five core books (if any) and what will come along in later datasets?
We got off to a slower start on the Shadowrun data files than we had planned. Our original goal to get something completed before the end of the year was overly optimistic. So we're looking at a release in Q1.

The initial release will contain everything in the core rulebook and many of the mechanics from the various supplements. However, it's likely that a reasonable amount of the content from supplement books will be made available as optional add-ons - similar to the way things have been done for other games like M&M and Pathfinder. The specifics are a long way from being decided, since there are a lot of factors involved and we also need to discuss them with Catalyst.

Important! This is just my "best guess" at this relatively early stage, so it's all subject to change. We'll let everyone know the details when we get close to release and everything is finalized.
rob is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
BBiggar

Old November 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the update Rob!
BBiggar is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
EdtheDM

Old November 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the update! I am really looking forward to the SR package for this program. Keep plugging away at it, I know the end result will be top notch.
EdtheDM is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 8th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Please either come up with several different character sheets (one for heavily cybered characters, one for mages, another for riggers, etc) or give us the ability to customize our character sheets by moving panels around/ resizing panels, etc... Shadowrun characters tend to have a great need for this.
cryptoknight is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Take a look at some of our other games in demo mode - you can view the print preview for the character sheets, so try comparing some very different characters, and see how the layout adjusts for each. We'll have the same sort of logic built into the Shadowrun character sheet/sheets.
Mathias is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 9th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Perhaps... but right now I'm licensed for the Dev kit/4e and I REALLY wish I could customize what the printed character sheet looks like. I expect it's some kind of report type of thing... with 12 years in BI I so badly want to fire up Crystal Reports or something and customize that character sheet for readability and usability.
cryptoknight is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
EdtheDM

Old November 20th, 2010, 11:51 AM
As I am preparing for the upcoming Shadowrun game I am struck by how much I am looking forward to the new dataset for HL.

I know you anticipated releasing it sometime in first Quarter 2011 but if you all could move up the timetable and release it by this coming Tuesday I'd be really grateful.
EdtheDM is offline   #40 Reply With Quote