Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MaxSupernova

Old September 2nd, 2015, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalk View Post
I was also disappointed by the lack of utility for the game session feature. Instead of waiting for enhancements there, I created a custom category called "Game Session Summary".
Me too.

I have a "storyline" topic under EVENTS called "Plot Summary" and I put "scene" topics in it with summaries of each session.
MaxSupernova is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old September 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM
I only use Game Session to add quick notes that I need to remember for a later time. Before RW came out I used Obsidian Portal (until they broke it) and had one player take notes of what happened and email them to me. I posted them on OP so the players could refer to them when we sometimes went several weeks without playing. I switched that over to RW and created a topic I called Journal. I paste the player's notes in that and when I save it the links are created. Now the players can look at that and click on the links to get more information of what was revealed.
ruhar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old September 5th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
I only use Game Session to add quick notes that I need to remember for a later time. Before RW came out I used Obsidian Portal (until they broke it) and had one player take notes of what happened and email them to me. I posted them on OP so the players could refer to them when we sometimes went several weeks without playing. I switched that over to RW and created a topic I called Journal. I paste the player's notes in that and when I save it the links are created. Now the players can look at that and click on the links to get more information of what was revealed.
Off topic, but Obsidian Portal breaking itself (excuse me, upgrading itself) is also why I first got interested in RW in the first place.
the_redbeard is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 6th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_redbeard View Post
Off topic, but Obsidian Portal breaking itself (excuse me, upgrading itself) is also why I first got interested in RW in the first place.
Okay, I can't help myself. How did it break itself? So many folks in these forums mention Obsidian Portal and many have come to RW from OP. So, why? What did OP do to turn folks of?

Just pure gossip and curiosity on my party. I've never used OP. Just seemed like a wiki to me the one time I briefly looked into it.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old September 7th, 2015, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Okay, I can't help myself. How did it break itself? So many folks in these forums mention Obsidian Portal and many have come to RW from OP. So, why? What did OP do to turn folks of?

Just pure gossip and curiosity on my party. I've never used OP. Just seemed like a wiki to me the one time I briefly looked into it.
They changed their interface (and their back end) in their kickstarter. The new interface was a different visual style and not everything was as accessible. At least for me it made my eyes bleed.
the_redbeard is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 7th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Okay, thanks Readbeard. Back on topic. Session notes...

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old September 8th, 2015, 11:31 PM
I'm thinking that I will continue to use Game Session notes so I'll have data there in case they ever become useful.

But I now have a new category under events called "Game Session". It has snippets game date start, game date end, real date, Exp awarded and the big text snippet "record of events." That's where I'll cut and paste the game session I typed as events happened.
Finally, I have a section for "After Thoughts", which are text snippet notes for me.

This serves my purpose of having a record of which PCs were at which session, and their interactions with the world and the npcs. All of it hyperlinked by Realmworks so I can remind myself of the implications of what's going on and plan for the next session. Which is why I bought this thing. !
the_redbeard is offline   #17 Reply With Quote