Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nightpanda2810

Old July 10th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
That's not true. My surface pro has a numpad keyboard. Comes up everytime I want to log in via PIN number...

@Joe, give me a test account and I'll test it for ya
You mean at the login screen? Yeah, that is there, but I've been unable to find or enable outside of that.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 10th, 2018, 06:11 PM
I can enable the onscreen keyboard on my Win 10 touchscreen laptop with a taskbar icon. It doesn't come up automatically, but then I don't usually run in tablet mode.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 10th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Very quick test: the Windows 10 (1803) Touch Keyboard switches to a telephone or numeric layout in numeric fields in HLO when using Firefox (61) and Edge (17134). It doesn't switch in Chrome (67) or Vivaldi (1.15); presumably it won't work in any Chromish browser, but I didn't test with any others.

The Touch Keyboard won't switch if you have it set to the full layout (the right-most one in the list, with a Windows key and arrow keys).

I tested on my desktop, so touch controls aren't necessary.

You'd think that type="number" (to hopefully get a numeric but not telephone layout keypad) would be a better choice, but I don't know how that affects various touch keyboards in various browsers on various devices. Web development sucks sometimes. :/

Last edited by Parody; July 10th, 2018 at 06:32 PM.
Parody is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 11th, 2018, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I can enable the onscreen keyboard on my Win 10 touchscreen laptop with a taskbar icon. It doesn't come up automatically, but then I don't usually run in tablet mode.
I stand slightly corrected. A number pad does exist, but there's no way to default it coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Very quick test: the Windows 10 (1803) Touch Keyboard switches to a telephone or numeric layout in numeric fields in HLO when using Firefox (61) and Edge (17134). It doesn't switch in Chrome (67) or Vivaldi (1.15); presumably it won't work in any Chromish browser, but I didn't test with any others.

The Touch Keyboard won't switch if you have it set to the full layout (the right-most one in the list, with a Windows key and arrow keys).

I tested on my desktop, so touch controls aren't necessary.

You'd think that type="number" (to hopefully get a numeric but not telephone layout keypad) would be a better choice, but I don't know how that affects various touch keyboards in various browsers on various devices. Web development sucks sometimes. :/
Chrome user here. This makes sense

Tried it in edge, BUT in the HP/Stamina fields the keyboard doesn't popup at all unless I tap in the text field afterwards. In Chrome the keyboard popped up, bt in standard keyboard mode.

I should note this laptop also has a regular keyboard, but in tablet mode it loads the on-screen keyboard normally.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 11th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
Tried it in edge, BUT in the HP/Stamina fields the keyboard doesn't popup at all unless I tap in the text field afterwards. In Chrome the keyboard popped up, bt in standard keyboard mode.
You should probably write this up as a bug report so the developers can see if there's something that isn't happening in Edge specifically and/or if they need to forward the issue on to Microsoft with the appropriate technical information. (I'd also recommend trying it in Firefox to see what happens there.)

Last edited by Parody; July 11th, 2018 at 04:51 PM.
Parody is offline   #15 Reply With Quote