Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Lord Lex

Old July 3rd, 2018, 01:57 PM
Stop me if this kind of post is not allowed. Sorry in advance. This is more of a rant than anything.

So I REALLY hate scripting and I am encountering all kinds of scripting events (like games TTS and this) and I think "Man I hate scripting wish I knew it" But I was wondering if there was someone I can talk to or pay to get some custom .user files made for me (and possibly the community). I see on a few rpgnow type sites that there's a guy selling .user files they made for a small price. Mostly for Pathfinder. This is also coming from there own book as well. But I came to the idea, "what if there was someone out there selling their time to make custom .user files" So I'm wondering if anyone will be able to make something for me or point me in the right direction.

All I want is a custom dnd 5e class made for me in Hero Lab (i already have the class file just need it converted to Hero Lab willing to pay). On that same note, I also want some tweaking done to an existing race.

This is the class in question https://gmbinder.com/share/-LAEn6ZdC6lYUKhQ67Qk . If its even possible (bc of the upgrades) Id also want a few spells added in.

Thank you for your time!
Lord Lex is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 5th, 2018, 11:49 AM
I hope someone PMs you and comes to an agreement.

Homebrew content on any of the hosting sites (dmsguild, homebrewery, and several others) is a hassle to make .user files for. The main reason is that the authors hardly ever finalize their versions. This is why the Not Really Complete Tome of Spells is so far behind today - the author moved from google docs to homebrewery and keeps updating every couple of months but not on a really regular schedule. It's hard to depreciate spells, add new ones, verify the content of existing spells and keep valid community ids on moving targets like that.

So, if someone makes the Revised Artificer (version 1.5) today are you going to want free support for scripting if version 1.6 comes out or would you pay a second, third or fourth time for future updates?

It's cheaper and smarter in the long run to learn scripting no matter how much you hate it.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 5th, 2018, 11:10 PM
I also despise scripting

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote