Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ogexam

Old July 1st, 2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
while d20pro is a nice product, and would help to show a combat, i find it difficult to use and the docimentation is lacking. JUst getting a map to display is an effort and i still havent figured out how to just move peices around the board. I wish it were easier, i would use it all the time.
The documentation problem is being worked. Plus a set of tutorial videos should be out soon. We have some, but more on on the way.

Once you learn the ins and outs of d20Pro you will find that importing maps and doing combat becomes easy.

If you need some help let me know we can do a tutorial session or something.

I am running a game on July 9th for d20ProCon through the infrno.net system if you were interested in learning d20pro some more. There are also player and DM tutorials that weekend as well being offered.

www.thecheesegrinder.com
www.d20Pro.com
ogexam is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Is anyone using d20pro?

I've been using HL for just one character while playing, and it's fine. But I know the GM for our group is also using HL, and it takes a long time to apply conditions (e.g. Dazzling Display applying Shaken), apply damage/healing (Fireball, Lightning Bolt, etc), etc. Does d20pro make these things simpler? Is it worth the money? Does it support all the content that HeroLab has?

I'm not really looking for a full VTT app -- I just want a robust and fully functional combat manager. I prefer the traditional physical "board" and miniatures.

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; July 2nd, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 2nd, 2011, 05:14 PM
@ Adam.Ormond

d20Pro is a full VTT app. It can be used as an aid at the table, but its best use (IMHO) is to replace the miniatures and tabletop map.

If you do not use it that way, to get the damage effects and such, the GM would have to essentially repeat each action on the d20Pro map after you play it out on your battlemat.

They do offer a trial license so you and your GM can download it and try it out. There is a bit of a learning curve, and the map creation can take time the first few times. There are community resources for Pathfinder, but it is not fully supported in the core package (or was not the last time I looked). For example, CMB and CMD require some more advanced setup to get just right.

The HL export helps with a lot of that, but there's still some work to be done for full seamless integration.
Silveras is offline   #33 Reply With Quote