Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zirlock

Old March 31st, 2018, 01:31 AM
A Level 3 Rogue with the Sap Adept Feat, using a sap and qualifying for Sneak Attack, should get +2 damage.

This doesn’t get added when you ‘tick’ the box for adding the 2d6 Sneak Attack damage on an iPad. Am I missing how to make this bonus show up? Any ideas how to use the Community Pack Adjustments to get it? I’ve added it as Situational Bonus Damage, but that only shows up if I tap the attack line; which the Player is liable to forget in the heat of battle :-)

Cheers,

Jim
Zirlock is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 2nd, 2018, 06:08 AM
unfortunately, hero lab doesn't know if you are doing nonlethal damage (there's no toggle to select that) with the bludgeoning weapon or not, so the best you can practically do is have it as a situational bonus.
Fuzzy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
unfortunately, hero lab doesn't know if you are doing nonlethal damage (there's no toggle to select that) with the bludgeoning weapon or not, so the best you can practically do is have it as a situational bonus.
Well, he is using a sap, which is a nonlethal weapon, so it should probably default to enabling this feature. Either way, a toggle should probably appear that defaults to checked if the weapon is nonlethal.
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 2nd, 2018, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Well, he is using a sap, which is a nonlethal weapon, so it should probably default to enabling this feature. Either way, a toggle should probably appear that defaults to checked if the weapon is nonlethal.
I was just saying, that nonlethal is not something that is implemented in any way. Frankly, it's something that is so infrequently used, I can't see it being added now.
Fuzzy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old April 3rd, 2018, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I was just saying, that nonlethal is not something that is implemented in any way.
Hm. HL does track nonlethal damage, so that part of it is "implemented", but I think I know what you mean: HL never applies damage from any attack, that's up to the user to do, so whether the user chooses lethal or nonlethal is not something that the program tracks.

Overall, I agree. I was just pointing out that if I'm wielding a sap, it's pretty darn clear that I'm going for nonlethal damage.
Azhrei is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Overall, I agree. I was just pointing out that if I'm wielding a sap, it's pretty darn clear that I'm going for nonlethal damage.
Unless you have a feat or other ability that allows you to do lethal damage with a sap

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 4th, 2018, 01:45 AM
or you just take the -4 to choose to do lethal damage with it.
Fuzzy is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old April 4th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Wow, I don't believe the pushback on this!?

HL has a checkbox that is used to activate Power Attack. And one for Point Blank Shot. And one for Rapid Shot. And for every Style feat there is.

Is it so ridiculous to expect a checkbox that says the character is using a weapon to deal its normal damage type or the opposite damage type? It would adjust the attack details appropriately -- in the case of the OP that would mean a +2 on damage.
Azhrei is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 5th, 2018, 12:22 PM
What pushback?
Fuzzy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote