Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

jwrightHL

Old April 20th, 2016, 11:16 AM
None of the Google results (I checked a whole bunch) will work for importing a 5E character from HL to FG. Sigh...
jwrightHL is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:22 PM
I've written converters for various systems for export from HL to import into Fantasy Grounds.

I usually do it in Java, but there's no reason it couldn't be done on a webpage utilizing javascript. (Which I've done something similar for Call of Cthulhu)

Import a file, parse, and spit out the results.

I don't have a paid subscription for Herolab 5E, so I don't know what the output looks like.

It's easy enough though, if you're familiar w/ XML.

First step would be to export (a character you've created in FG) and compare that XML fields with the HL output.

Boomer

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old May 3rd, 2016, 11:08 AM
I do own the 5E files for Fantasy Grounds, so if anyone is so inclined to gift me the HeroLab 5E ruleset, I could get to work on this.

Caveat, Colin said around April 15th that there was work being done on this, so your money should probably go elsewhere.

BoomerET

BoomerET is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old May 4th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
I do own the 5E files for Fantasy Grounds, so if anyone is so inclined to gift me the HeroLab 5E ruleset, I could get to work on this.

Caveat, Colin said around April 15th that there was work being done on this, so your money should probably go elsewhere.

BoomerET
I look forward to it, but just in case that doesn't work out or is delayed I'll happily shell out the $20 for this.
Krimson is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Old May 4th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Tell ya what I'm gonna do, I'll pony up the $20 and get to work. I'll post the weblink when I get something workable.

I've already got the page designed, all it has is a textarea for XML input, a convert button, and another textarea for the output.

Boomer

BoomerET is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old May 4th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
Tell ya what I'm gonna do, I'll pony up the $20 and get to work. I'll post the weblink when I get something workable.

I've already got the page designed, all it has is a textarea for XML input, a convert button, and another textarea for the output.

Boomer
I'd be happy to help test, especially with the gonzo stuff I make in HL.
Krimson is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Old May 4th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Right now, it only does the basics. Name, Attributes, Background, Class/level, Race, Alignment, Deity, HP, Languages and Gender.

Had a good day figuring out how to map the fields.

I'll try to get the first iteration up later this evening.

Boomer

Last edited by BoomerET; May 4th, 2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Forgot HP, quickly added languages.
BoomerET is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Old May 4th, 2016, 07:30 PM
I've created a new thread for my project for this conversion.

BoomerET is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Talley Darkstar

Old May 10th, 2016, 01:39 AM
With FG now having some integration with Syrinscape, I'm hoping to see some RW and FG integration as well. HL to FG would be a (fairly) simple feat. Export to Import and vice versa (coding and bugs, are obviously a different story entirely). But trying to imagine some sort of conversion from RW to FG, that I see as a major hurdle. X needs to go here, and here, but not here, should this be a new tab, or go with the main tab, and how do the user mods fit into transferring. Oy, my head just hurts trying to figure it out. But HL to FG, I'm ready for!
Talley Darkstar is offline   #19 Reply With Quote