Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Ian
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 29th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvyemdrain View Post
I haven't seen this recommended yet but forgive me if I missed it.
Presently, skills are listed as ranks, bonus, and ability. Clicking on the skill gives some great information on skill use and rules.
I suggest that inside this detailed information for each skill, provide a breakdown of each bonus and its type.
This will have to more easily track what bonuses we have since certain types don't stack.
I suspect many of us would find this very useful.
We have this kind of numbers breakdown for various things (skills, combat maneuvers, etc) as a planned improvement to the details view when you click on a thing, but we've got a few other things coming first to make that view generally more convenient and useful.
Ian is offline   #251 Reply With Quote
KiwiBlaze

Old December 20th, 2017, 05:33 PM
I sent a message to via Hero Lab via Facebook, and haven't heard anything. I posted to this thread on October 16, several days after I applied for Beta, and still haven't had any word if I have been accepted or not.

I have used my Realm Works login details, get told this morning that my account has already applied for Beta Access, and am at a loss of why I haven't at least been included.

With applications closing todayish, am I simply out of the running to join?

GayKiwi (Realm Works ID name)
KiwiBlaze is offline   #252 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old December 20th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiBlaze View Post
I sent a message to via Hero Lab via Facebook, and haven't heard anything. I posted to this thread on October 16, several days after I applied for Beta, and still haven't had any word if I have been accepted or not.

I have used my Realm Works login details, get told this morning that my account has already applied for Beta Access, and am at a loss of why I haven't at least been included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs
EightBitz is offline   #253 Reply With Quote
Ian
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2017, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiBlaze View Post

There were a huge number of beta signups immediately after we opened the web form up (as in, within minutes of announcing it), and we're scaling up with larger invite groups for each batch in order of signup. It will take a while to get to everyone.
Ian is offline   #254 Reply With Quote
Xveers

Old January 6th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Hello all!

Just registered on these forums to toss my 0.02 CR in on the whole thing. While I understand the decision to do an online only product, I find that while it does offer a lot of what I need, it offers much more that I do not and at a monthly cost that I do not feel is in my interests to pay.

I can understand the desire to go to online cloud based systems. It has a lot of power, makes updating manageable, and since it's not a life-requirement (no matter how much some of us addicts say otherwise), net access isn't the end of the world. And of course I understand that infrastructure costs money to maintain. And if you're running a group, what's better than having a single repository to manage things?

Except for the fact that not everyone has a desire or a need for it. I'm certainly in that pile. My groups don't need online management. I don't need it. I don't need it anywhere near regularly enough to justify a subscription model to the data sets (Even though it's more just a maintenance fee for keeping the online stuff, well, online. Let's not kid ourselves. That is what it is). I don't think I'll be getting the 2-5-whatever it is dollars value per month out of it.

I had asked you guys back at Gencon 2017 about when it would be coming out for Herolab, and from the quick 30 second conversation it sounded like it was coming, but not for a while. So I started looking in late December, and found this thread that seems to indicate a lot differently. That was a bit of a kick in sub-chestular area, I will admit. But then it is Gencon. Perhaps I was misunderstood. Or something was just said wrong. It was pretty busy.

So anyhow. I'm looking at other options for supporting my Starfinder work, which is a damnned shame. Hopefully you'll figure out how to actually roll it out on Hero Lab, in which case I'll probably throw money at it. Unless the other options end up being superior. First to market, I suppose.

Anyhow, look forward to seeing you at Gencon 2019 (not making it this year). I'll make a note to swing by your booth and congratulate/excoriate you appropriately, depending on how things go.
Xveers is offline   #255 Reply With Quote
Ian
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xveers View Post
I can understand the desire to go to online cloud based systems. It has a lot of power, makes updating manageable, and since it's not a life-requirement (no matter how much some of us addicts say otherwise), net access isn't the end of the world. And of course I understand that infrastructure costs money to maintain. And if you're running a group, what's better than having a single repository to manage things?

Except for the fact that not everyone has a desire or a need for it. I'm certainly in that pile. My groups don't need online management. I don't need it. I don't need it anywhere near regularly enough to justify a subscription model to the data sets (Even though it's more just a maintenance fee for keeping the online stuff, well, online. Let's not kid ourselves. That is what it is). I don't think I'll be getting the 2-5-whatever it is dollars value per month out of it.
One other aspect to keep in mind here is that this finally gets us to something like universal device support. Making and maintaining good Linux and Android ports would take enough developer time that it would be a very, very long timescale, while the cloud-based approach lets us get something out soon enough to use before Elon Musk moves everyone to Mars.
Ian is offline   #256 Reply With Quote
Xveers

Old January 12th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
One other aspect to keep in mind here is that this finally gets us to something like universal device support. Making and maintaining good Linux and Android ports would take enough developer time that it would be a very, very long timescale, while the cloud-based approach lets us get something out soon enough to use before Elon Musk moves everyone to Mars.
One more understandable reason. Getting platform agnostic is great, what with tablets, phablets, and all manner of other portable systems with a host of various versions of OS and support. It's just a shame that you're not willing to support one of your major products for probably one of the most promising D20 based games in a damned long time.

It's a set of solid business decisions. I can't fault you for them. I just lament that you're not giving me a reason to buy your product.
Xveers is offline   #257 Reply With Quote