Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > The 9th Age

Notices

Snarkhunter

Old February 28th, 2016, 01:51 PM
For Dwarven Holds: When upgrading 10x Iron Guard (minimum unit size) to have a champion - the unit goes to 11 models at 175 pts. The correct price should be 174 pts (150 +10 champion +1x14 for the extra model).

Also - it would be really nice if all units (of all armies) capable of taking champions didn't add an additional model when adding a champion. Sometimes you want a minimum unit of models with a champion - and adding a champion then having to subtract a model is a bit wonky. Not to mention the repeated issue of increasing the model count to the desired size before selecting a champion from the command options, resulting in having 1 model too many.
Snarkhunter is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Snarkhunter

Old February 28th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Also for Dwarven Holds: The Field Artillery - Cannon selection should be 100 pts (not 90 pts).
Snarkhunter is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 29th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarkhunter View Post
Also for Dwarven Holds: The Field Artillery - Cannon selection should be 100 pts (not 90 pts).
Fixed DL same release
EdSteiner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 29th, 2016, 06:30 AM
Quote:
For Dwarven Holds: When upgrading 10x Iron Guard (minimum unit size) to have a champion - the unit goes to 11 models at 175 pts. The correct price should be 174 pts (150 +10 champion +1x14 for the extra model).
Fixed DL same release

Quote:
Also - it would be really nice if all units (of all armies) capable of taking champions didn't add an additional model when adding a champion. Sometimes you want a minimum unit of models with a champion - and adding a champion then having to subtract a model is a bit wonky. Not to mention the repeated issue of increasing the model count to the desired size before selecting a champion from the command options, resulting in having 1 model too many.
I agree with you, however because the 9th age uses model counts for secondary special rules or unit options availability, the code must see the champion as part of the unit as a whole for counting purposes. In the WF8, I could get arround this by coding a drop parent unit count by one, however that route would not work in 9th becuase under the WF8 code format the system saw the following, ok you have 10 models and one of them is a champion ok you have a count of total model count of 11 which is not the case. So to correctly apply it we have to go the longer way. I will look at other dataset systems and see if I can find another route, but I dont think so as this is something that I have run into before.

Ed
EdSteiner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RumbaRoy

Old May 18th, 2018, 06:24 AM
There's a problem with Guild crafted handguns on the Marksmen. AB tells you it's wrong to have GCH on the marksmen if you also have GCH on a character
RumbaRoy is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old May 31st, 2018, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbaRoy View Post
There's a problem with Guild crafted handguns on the Marksmen. AB tells you it's wrong to have GCH on the marksmen if you also have GCH on a character
Fixed, DL release 2.27 or higher again
EdSteiner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote