Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to our new forums!

As you can see, we've upgraded to some totally new forum software, as well as moving the forums to their own separate server. The forums now live here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/

The old support.wolflair.com URL will redirect to the new forums, but we recommend that you start using the new forums.wolflair.com URL for everything, since this will be the permanent home of the new forums.

All user accounts, forums, threads and posts have been transferred over from the old forums, so you should be able to log in and post just like you used to.

Two things have not been transferred over due to technical limitations - any private messages you had from the old forums, and the contents of the Downloads section. If you need to retrieve the contents of your private messages, please let me know (send me a private message) and I'll send you them; we're still working on the Downloads section replacement, but for now we recommend you use a service like http://rapidshare.com/ to share your files. (You can attach images to posts as before.)

Also, you may need to resubscribe to any forums or threads you were subscribed to previously - I don't think those settings were migrated across either.

If you have any problems, please post a thread in this forum and I'll do my best to get you sorted out. Thanks for your patience during our downtime, and enjoy your new forums!

Last edited by Colen; January 7th, 2009 at 01:13 PM.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2009, 09:43 AM
A couple of you have noticed and reported spam posts that started appearing over the weekend - thanks, we appreciate it.

I've now changed the authorisation method for new signups, and blacklisted a bunch of suspicious email addresses, to try and stop this. Hopefully this will get rid of the problem.

Thanks!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM
The official forums URL is now http://forums.wolflair.com/ - please use this URL in future, instead of the old one.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
testing, ignore
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old January 29th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Regarding the new forums; As I recall, this version of VBB has two methods of storing "visited threads" - browser cookies or DB entries. I would like to request that a move away from the cookies version be considered, as I find it generally unreliable, especially when I am using different browsers in different locations to access the forum.
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote