Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Just Pete

Old June 7th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I just updated to 3.7 today, and ran into the 'license reassignment' issue that others have seen. Since I just purchased hero lab in April, that's not a surprise.

After reading up a bit on the issue here, I've realized that I had my primary license installed on two computers - not sure how the second one actually worked, since I hadn't requested a secondary license yet. This is probably the reason it didn't work. So I sent off my early reassignment request, so that I can get it working on my primary machine.

I also went to license management and requested my secondary license, so that both installations would be properly registered. The question I have is - does it matter which machine the primary and secondary licenses are on? Is there any functional difference between the two licenses that would make it 'advantageous' to install the primary license on my primary machine, and the secondary on the other?
Just Pete is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
It doesn't matter at all which machine you have which license on, as long as both machines are using different license numbers. You should get the same result for each - if you haven't already, you can put your secondary license on the machine you want to use HL on right now to get yourself up and running, then when your primary licenses is approved for early reassignment, put that on the other machine.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old June 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM
That works, thanks!
Just Pete is offline   #3 Reply With Quote