Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Just Pete

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I've been running my gamers through the Legacy of Fire adventure path, and one of the characters has acquired Spooky as a familiar. Unfortunately, the character is a Cleric, and I have so far been unable to find a method to add Spooky to his portfolio.

I have been able to create Spooky, and to give him as a familiar to a qualifying character (wizard, arcane bloodline sorceror, eldritch heritage feat, etc), but have been completely unable to get it to work with any other class.

I can see from several places that the familiar button is called by the thing cArcFStart, and I'm reasonably certain that there is something in that thing that restricts it to a qualifying class - but I can't find that thing anywhere, or figure out how to add a tag that qualifies the character regardless of class.

Any help?
Just Pete is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I think you'd probably need to make a cleric archetype that adds a familiar to that class. Then you'd be able to select your "Spooky" familiar race.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old March 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
*sigh*

That works. Much more easily than what I was trying, which was to use a template - my thinking was that this could be added on, rather than chosen at the beginning.
Just Pete is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old March 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
You could also make an Archetype for the Cleric that adds the familiar. I did that for the Psicrystal Familiar Archetype I the Psionics Unleashed files.
TCArknight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 25th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Pete View Post
*sigh*

That works. Much more easily than what I was trying, which was to use a template - my thinking was that this could be added on, rather than chosen at the beginning.
Keep in mind that even though an Archetype says it should be added at 1st level, if you add the archetype anyway the error will go away. So just tell your players to ignore it.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
morval

Old September 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Pete View Post
*sigh*

I'm trying this as well, but totally new to changing things like this. I need a bit of a hand.

What "Source Thing" should I pick. I can't find one that seems to give the rights to a familiar. I got it so it would add a bonded object.

Thanks,
morval is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
morval

Old September 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
I'm trying this as well, but totally new to changing things like this. I need a bit of a hand.

What "Source Thing" should I pick. I can't find one that seems to give the rights to a familiar. I got it so it would add a bonded object.

Thanks,
I figured it out, wow easy. I had to scroll down a bit more and find Companions and then set the level at which the archetype gains the familiar.
morval is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Glad you've got it in hand. Good job!
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote