Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

mycerius

Old June 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Normally (in BP gen) when you select the Changeling (SURGE I-III) qualities, the BPs spent/gained don't count towards the 35 pt limit. For ex: SURGE II lists 20/10 BP for positive/negative metagentics. While positives still cost BP (and negatives still gain you BP), those don't count towards the 35 pt limits for their respective section.

Karmagen is not acting this way. The metagentic numbers are affecting the point limits.
mycerius is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old June 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Sprite Link echo: the drop down selection box that should let you choose the new sprite to add to your list has EVERYTHING in it. It does have the sprites listed several times (both singular and plural) but all give an error message and don't work.

Tiamat dissonant paragon: should be +1 to crack or tank sprites, yet even if you select tank sprites it only ever adds the bonus to crack sprites (and spike sprites, but those it should since they're dissonant crack/tank sprites).
Canis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old June 26th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Additional complex forms that can be given to sprites base on rating aren't showing how many at higher ratings. It doesnt error if you choose too many but it doesn't say how many to not get the 'resource unspent' error.
Canis is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
null_void

Old June 26th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I was quite pleased to see that a great many (most or all?) of the character options can now be created from within Hero Lab. If only my GM hadn't switched to a different system...

Anyway, I had a question about the options for Metasapient AI (PC) characters. I looked through the bug reports, but didn't see it listed anywhere (and I couldn't find a "known issues" list), so sorry if this has already been asked/pointed out.

I note that you can't own commlinks or nexi if you're an AI. I know the rules are slightly different for an AI's home node (they have to pay lifestyle upkeep costs instead of buying such things outright). It seems strange, though, that an AI can't "own" some other commlink or nexus (I suppose you could always add a vehicle and put a commlink in it). Further, I didn't see any way of specifying the AI's home node other than the "Response" and "Signal" attributes, and didn't see any information concerning home node bonuses. Is there any plan to add these things?
null_void is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mara

Old June 27th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Priority Chargen:
After assigning all Complex forms when making a Technomancer, the Resonance tag is still red, and the validation errors say "Complex Forms: resource unspent."

For duplication:
Priorities: A: Technomancer, B: Attributes, C: Skills, D: Human, E: Resources
Complex Forms: Command, Shield, ECCM, Spoof, Stealth(all at 5), Smartlink
Resonance Attribute: 5
Mara is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mara

Old June 27th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Adept Powers: Vision Enhancement and Audio Enhancement have no ratings when
added. These powers, like the technological enhancements, add their rating to
appropriate perception tests.
Mara is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old June 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Adept Powers: Vision Enhancement and Audio Enhancement have no ratings when
added. These powers, like the technological enhancements, add their rating to
appropriate perception tests.
Per the official SR4 FAQ (http://www.shadowrun4.com/game-resou...d-questions/):

When an adept buys an Improved Sense on a power that has multiple levels (e.g., vision enhancement or sound filter) are they purchased as levels or does the adept gain the max value for just 0.25 points?

The effective rating of the power is equivalent to the maximum rating of the equivalent cyberware or bioware implant.

_Pax_ is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Emotitoys don't work properly.

They're showing up as Drones, which is neat, except that they're dedicated Empathy software platforms with a rating equal to the level of the software they're running. The Drones are sold in ratings 1-6, which means that I shouldn't have a problem running Empathy 6 on my Emotitoy.

When I edit the Emotitoy drone and ramp it's Empathy up to 6... it only acts as effective level 3, because that's the Pilot of the drone. Except that's not how Emotitoy's work. If I buy a rating 6 Emotitoy, I get Empathy software at rating 6, not 3.
cryptoknight is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old June 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Unable to add skills to IC - important ones such as cybercombat and exploit etc. HL says to use an auto soft but there isn't one for matrix skills as IC are supposed to have them already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4A pp 234
Agents have a Pilot attribute, much like drones (p. 244), that determines just how “smart” the agent is. Pilot acts as the agent’s brain, interpreting orders. The Pilot attribute acts as the agent’s System rating, as well as its Computer, Cybercombat, Data Search, and Hacking skill ratings. Agents also have their own built-in Firewall attribute, equal to their Pilot rating.
Also, what does 'fixed rating' mean in the editor? I'm asking because I've a few custom guns and I'm trying to set their matrix ratings and I've had some inconsistent results from setting a fixed device rating.

Also, Signal of 0 is a valid option yet the editor won't allow it.

Last edited by Canis; June 28th, 2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Adding quote
Canis is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
velinion

Old June 28th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Karma CharGen

The "Born Rich" Advantage does not increase the amount of money that can be spent.
velinion is offline   #20 Reply With Quote