Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2012, 09:17 PM
JDRook asked me to put this together. It's a bit crude, but it's a framework to load in the Custom Output XML files and turn them into a CSV showing Name, PL, PP spent, and the values of the Attributes and Skills. If people want to see other aspects, I'd be happy to help with that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExportExcelForDCAHero.zip (56.2 KB, 9 views)
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old March 30th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Weirdest thing. I extracted all the files, but the .suo file (which I assume is the part with all the go-juice) hides itself in the folder. I know it's there because when I tried to copy it over again I was prompted whether to overwrite the existing one, but it isn't visible.

I'm running Win7 Ultimate and I should have full admin rights. Not sure what's happening.
JDRook is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old March 30th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRook View Post
Weirdest thing. I extracted all the files, but the .suo file (which I assume is the part with all the go-juice) hides itself in the folder. I know it's there because when I tried to copy it over again I was prompted whether to overwrite the existing one, but it isn't visible.

I'm running Win7 Ultimate and I should have full admin rights. Not sure what's happening.
Ah. Yes, it probably has the Hidden attribute on it. The easiest solution is to go to Tools/Folder Options and the View tab, and click to view hidden files. Or just ignore it. All it contains are "user options", basically how I have my windows set out when I zipped it up. The solution is loaded via the .sln file.

Were you able to get the executable running?
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old March 30th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I'm not seeing an .exe or .bat file, which is what I'm used to. The .sln doesn't seem to work on its own. Should I be opening it with another program? I'm concerned I'm missing something very basic, and it may be knowledge.
JDRook is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:07 AM
^_^ Sorry... I have no doubt been more obtuse than I should have been. The EXE is in ExportExcelForDCAHero\ExportExcelForDCAHero\bin\De bug\ within the ZIP file. You may need some form of .Net Framework, but it comes standard with most installs of Windows these days.

The .SLN file is a Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 C# Solution. You would open it with, well, Microsoft Visual Studio. The primary source files are those in ExportExcelForDCAHero\ExportExcelForDCAHero\ as is the .CSPROJ file for the Project. You can get a free copy of Visual C# 2010 Express at http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudi...csharp-express if you want to edit and compile the code.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
That was the lynchpin. It works great! Now I just have to finish H&V and I'll be able to sort to my heart's content.

For now I really wanted to just stick with PL, PP and a few other traits to mess with. If I get bold I may try editing it myself. This should keep me occupied for several weeks, though. I'll let you know if I have any difficulties.
JDRook is offline   #6 Reply With Quote