Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Jamz

Old July 14th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Had this idea during our game last night, it would be nice/awesome if Hero Lab could implement an Action Economy tracker. e.g. a new tab (or in-play tab?) that lists all standard actions (ie Charge, attack, move, etc) + Feats that use actions (ie Attack Action, Standard Action, Move Action, etc). Or just throw a warning icon up if you check these various actions and you go over the limit.

It could also limit you to only check actions allowed, eg. Charge + Cleave couldn't be checked at the same time.

This would probably require adding a variable to all feats and such as to their action type but doesn't "seem" to be terribly difficult? Or would it require LW hiring a team of programmers to implement?

In any case, just thought it would be a nice + if Hero Lab could track this for us, as sometimes (especially for new players) it's easy to forget which feats you can't stack, especially when you get to things like Vital Strike and such...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 14th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I've been wanting to do an overhaul of the Specials tab for some time so that you can organize things there into a couple different tables based on what actions a particular power requires. I think it'd help streamline things when the DM is looking at a monster or NPC and thinking "What can I do this round?". There is already some architecture to support that (the abAction tags), but I haven't had time to really hammer out the details.

I'm not sure it's worth it to include checkboxes as you recommend though, since what abilities you use in any particular round would vary from round to round, and who wants to check and uncheck boxes that frequently?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 14th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I'm not sure it's worth it to include checkboxes as you recommend though, since what abilities you use in any particular round would vary from round to round, and who wants to check and uncheck boxes that frequently?
Yea I agree. Maybe handy for a very new player but after a few games its not hard to remember. Be more annoying finding and clicking the action on/off all the time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old July 14th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Organized by action would be nice compromise. You already have checkboxes for most things needed on the in play tab. I pretty much check things on/off round by round already for thigh like power attack, smite, etc... so having HL tell me what is "legal" would be icing on the cake.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote