Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Greebo

Old October 17th, 2018, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the update, Rob. And yes, please R&R.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old October 18th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Going to again agree that your health is important, Rob. Rest and Recover as much as you need to. If you can put in some hours, great, but don't you dare push yourself until you're actually fighting fit. Not for us.

*chokes out words* Calendar's just aren't that important.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 18th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
*chokes out words* Calendar's just aren't that important.
HERETIC!

*Goes off in search of tar and feathers but gets distracted by a perplexing quirk in a dating scheme*

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old October 19th, 2018, 10:22 AM
So, several things. First and foremost, glad to hear of Rob's physical improvement. Being free of icky drugs is a really good thing and hopefully the body will remember how to function without them in short order. In the meantime, sounds like Rob and the pillow are best buds.

It's also been good to see the updates from Rob, either directly or relayed by BJ. Progress in any form is a good thing. However, I am curious/concerned that Rob has reported some bugs being fixed but my client hasn't updated on launch. Is this expected?

Lastly, just wanted to wish for continued progress. My own to-do lists are very daunting and it's so easy to just say f**itall and launch LOTRO or Pathfinder Kingdoms. Obviously different scopes are involved when it's professional vs personal to-do lists but the psychology is pretty similar. Brain feels like a compass in the Bermuda Triangle (spinning aimlessly).

Cheers and have a great weekend everyone!

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 19th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
However, I am curious/concerned that Rob has reported some bugs being fixed but my client hasn't updated on launch. Is this expected?
Fixing a bug is different from doing a release of the software. This means the issue is fixed in Rob's version of the software but won't be in a update you see until a new version of the software is released. I would expect this to happen at the same time the CM is launched at this point.

This is expected and the same for everyone.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old October 20th, 2018, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Rob PLEASE listen to your body. If you are tired at this stage PLEASE rest and recover. Pushing yourself could actually make things worse in the long run.

I am pretty sure most of us would rather have you around for the long haul than jump in too quickly and relapse.
I concur 100%.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
I am curious/concerned that Rob has reported some bugs being fixed but my client hasn't updated on launch. Is this expected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Fixing a bug is different from doing a release of the software. This means the issue is fixed in Rob's version of the software but won't be in a update you see until a new version of the software is released. I would expect this to happen at the same time the CM is launched at this point.

This is expected and the same for everyone.
I understand that we aren't going to get updates of the bug fixes pushed out yet, but any chance an update or two can be pushed out before CM is ready so we can be rid of a few bugs that we are currently dealing with? I understand if the complexity of the coding won't allow it but I thought I'd ask. I, and the others I'm sure, would appreciate it if you could let us know if any updates are possible before CM, maybe in the next update post. Thanks.
ruhar is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 20th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Please please guys, he is posting now the weekly updates, now just let them do their thing. What gives, if they feel a release is ready for the public I would be dammed if they then say "oh, nah, we wait 6 more months" (ha ha ha) just to keep it a secret.

A release might be a major task for them testing & rolling out server & client side changes and each time you have to do it it costs you manpower. Maybe you also miss something important and the version breaks, so you need increased support after a new release to avoid a rollback or similar scenarios.

A forum is an exchange sure, but I still think that these weekly reports (that even include personal things - which I think should not be part of it) are already a big improvement, now maybe it's time to stop questioning them for now and look how it's going.

In any case - get well Rob

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old October 20th, 2018, 02:34 PM
<snip>

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Please please guys, he is posting now the weekly updates, now just let them do their thing. What gives, if they feel a release is ready for the public I would be dammed if they then say "oh, nah, we wait 6 more months" (ha ha ha) just to keep it a secret.

A release might be a major task for them testing & rolling out server & client side changes and each time you have to do it it costs you manpower. Maybe you also miss something important and the version breaks, so you need increased support after a new release to avoid a rollback or similar scenarios.

A forum is an exchange sure, but I still think that these weekly reports (that even include personal things - which I think should not be part of it) are already a big improvement, now maybe it's time to stop questioning them for now and look how it's going.
I'm just asking a simple question on minor updates. There are some bugs that have been around for a few years and it would be nice if a simple update is possible when those bugs are fixed. If it's not possible then a simple answer of No ends the discussion and we continue to wait. We won't know until we ask. That is also the purpose of a forum.
ruhar is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2018, 02:46 AM
The current game plan is to...

1. Get a bunch of stuff resolved and improved in the product on our end.
2. Release it to everyone.
3. Get the remaining KS backer content completed and distributed. The guys working on all that content also need a few fixes that will be included in the previous step.
4. Get the Content Market finished and launched.

It's conceivable that there will be another release of RW itself between steps 3 and 4. Given what I just revealed a few minutes ago in the weekly update, we also might release a Beta version of RW between steps 1 and 2. But I honestly don't know the answer to either of those at this point.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #50 Reply With Quote