Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone,

We need help getting the critters from Howling Shadows ready for release, and that help could come from you! If you're interested in working with us on this project, and you have:
  1. Some Hero Lab data file authoring experience
  2. 15-20 hours per week (or more) that you can spend building Hero Lab data files
  3. An eye for detail and the ability to review your own work before submissions

Then let us know! If this sounds like you, and you want to help us out, please email us at authoringhelp@wolflair.com with details on your Hero Lab data file authoring experience. Thanks, everyone!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old June 8th, 2016, 10:20 PM
I would love to offer my services, but I have found the HL code very counter intuitive (for me personally) and I have had a rough time learning it on my own without someone else to watch or learn from. Sorry!
Polecat is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ZeMatrix

Old August 31st, 2016, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi everyone,

We need help like Quick Extender Pro and getting the critters from Howling Shadows ready for release, and that help could come from you! If you're interested in working with us on this project, and you have:
  1. Some Hero Lab data file authoring experience
  2. 15-20 hours per week (or more) that you can spend building Hero Lab data files
  3. An eye for detail and the ability to review your own work before submissions

Then let us know! If this sounds like you, and you want to help us out, please email us at authoringhelp@wolflair.com with details on your Hero Lab data file authoring experience. Thanks, everyone!
Hi Colen, do you still need help?

Last edited by ZeMatrix; May 9th, 2022 at 02:33 AM.
ZeMatrix is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Goreshade

Old September 9th, 2016, 05:39 PM
It would be easier to recruit potential authors if you revamped the authoring kit tutorial. It is too out of date to bring new users in readily. I like the idea of helping develop, but I am currently stuck in the authoring kit fighting uphill to resolve errors and outdated instructions in the walk-thru while trying to learn how I would go about building my own project.
Goreshade is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old September 11th, 2016, 01:56 PM
For working in an existing system you use almost nothing of the actual authoring kit and just the editor that already exists.
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old September 18th, 2016, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
I would love to offer my services, but I have found the HL code very counter intuitive (for me personally) and I have had a rough time learning it on my own without someone else to watch or learn from. Sorry!
I know I am constantly getting nowhere with my attempts to use it for anything more than the simplest functions.
Senko is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
BrentKeene

Old July 14th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senko View Post
It would be easier to recruit potential authors if you revamped the authoring kit tutorial. It is too out of date to bring new users in readily. I like the idea of helping develop, but phen24 review currently stuck in the authoring kit fighting uphill to resolve errors and outdated posted here in the walk-thru to learn how I would go about building my own project. I know I am constantly getting nowhere with my attempts to use it for anything more than the simplest functions.
Yes, it has a somewhat steep learning curve for newbies, but I can vouch that once you get hang of it, you're going to love it. It has become indispensable to me.

Last edited by BrentKeene; September 23rd, 2023 at 02:43 AM.
BrentKeene is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old July 21st, 2018, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentKeene View Post
Yes, it has a somewhat steep learning curve for newbies, but I can vouch that once you get hang of it, you're going to love it. It has become indispensable to me.
Would it be feasible to open up a GitHub site for creating documentation? While having it on the forum with authors replying to questions is definitely helpful - it would be nice to have it more centralised with author access.

I am Jacks Matrix Action Custom Output - Grammarly Invite Code
manchuwook is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Wapes

Old May 6th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchuwook View Post
Would it be feasible to open up a GitHub site for creating documentation? While having it on the forum with authors replying to questions is definitely helpful - it would be nice to have a list of Instant Knockout pros and cons with author access.
Absolutely it would - good idea.

Last edited by Wapes; June 6th, 2019 at 07:11 AM.
Wapes is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 13th, 2019, 12:45 PM
necro much?
adzling is offline   #10 Reply With Quote