Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CptCoots

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Is there a tab for Tricks for animal companions in d20? For that matter any animals?
CptCoots is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Do you mean in the editor? If so, there is not a separate tab for animals or companions. Its all handled in the Race tab except for a few that are found in Minions/Hirelings (typically pack animals you can buy as "gear"). I'm not aware of mechanism for tricks. Maybe I could look into adding some as part of the community set.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old June 3rd, 2013, 01:16 AM
Yeah I'm thinking for a space to keep track of the tricks my animal companions know. Right now I'm writing them into the Personal - Background Details field. There should be a natural way of adding a special if the animal is trained and then selecting the tricks you want. I just don't know where to start or I'd have it written already. Infact the major hurdle I see coming is the ability to "look" at the character that "owns" the animal to check to see if they have anything like class features that would alter the animal's allowed number of tricks.

This problem of looking to other characters came up when I made the Warbeast template the other day. I made a character and then in the Other tab gave him a hireling that I made a big ass bear and gave that bear the Warbeast template (from MM2) which is supposed to confer a +2 bonus to Ride checks made by the person riding them... couldn't figure out how to make that bonus happen because it was a different character (albeit within the same portfolio).
CptCoots is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
There is a transition on these, I don't remember right off the bat, but I think they are minion and master. So the transition from the warbeast to the master, it would be master.child[kRide] I think. This is off the top of my head, as I have a version of warbeast in my templates at home.
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Any word on that transition from hireling to "master"?
CptCoots is offline   #5 Reply With Quote