Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

RichieRich

Old August 1st, 2018, 03:50 PM
So, I've had some success, but not complete. I removed all 3rd party downloads, and refreshed the Pathfinder download. I then downloaded and applied TobyFox2002 - Dungeons and Dragons. This loaded properly, so I downloaded and installed TobyFox2002 - Forgotten Realms Setting. This also loads properly (yay!)
I then successfully downloaded and added TobyFox2002 - Ravenloft Setting (v3.1).
I hit problems with TobyFox2002 - Dark Sun Setting (v3.1) and TobyFox2002 - Dragonlance Conversion. Each causes HeroLab to generate an error message when loading. To troubleshoot compatibility issues, I removed all of the successful downloads and tried each seperately, but received the same error messages. I have attached screensnips of the error message boxes if you aren't aware of what they would be.

thoughts? And Thanks!

(Since you answered my question, I switched to your files, rather than RavenX's)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dark sun err msg.JPG (53.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg dragonlance err msg.JPG (41.2 KB, 4 views)
RichieRich is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old August 1st, 2018, 04:03 PM
Switching to my files is the correct course of action since I now maintain the RavenX Community Content (more or less). I regret I'm not as dilligent in my upgrades as some, nor responsive on the forums, but I do what I can.

However, in response to both of your screen shots.

the Prefix PW in the unique ID means Path of War, which is to say... anything DREAMSCARRED press. The Darksun material relies HEAVILY on psionics content, and rather than trying to reinvent the wheel with regards to mechanics and such. I simply built everything to to be compatible with the widely accepted psionics content for pathfinder.

I didn't know there was any psionics content in the dragonlance files. I'll have to take a look it. But you will need that content to make it work. Once you do it should be good to go.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
RichieRich

Old August 1st, 2018, 04:24 PM
Each of the packages were tried independently, so I don't think one caused the other. Either or both may be dependent on another product, but at least they haven't interfered with each other.

Is there a Psionics sourcebook I can download to resolve anything, rather than having to recode something?
RichieRich is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old August 1st, 2018, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Each of the packages were tried independently, so I don't think one caused the other. Either or both may be dependent on another product, but at least they haven't interfered with each other.

Is there a Psionics sourcebook I can download to resolve anything, rather than having to recode something?
Dreamscarred press is part of the community content, re-download that and give it a shot.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
RichieRich

Old August 1st, 2018, 04:29 PM
on a separate note, In the Races of Faerun source book, there are additional prestige classes which don't show up in HL, even when that book is selected in the config screen.
(specifically looking for the Battlerager Prestige class)
am I blind, or missing something?
RichieRich is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
RichieRich

Old August 1st, 2018, 04:59 PM
success! all downloads have been applied and are working.

I am still missing some content, but at least i get no errors on launch,,

thanks again
RichieRich is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old August 1st, 2018, 05:00 PM
Quote:
success! all downloads have been applied and are working.

I am still missing some content, but at least i get no errors on launch,,

thanks again
What content are you missing? Perhaps I can point you in the right direction?
TobyFox2002 is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
RichieRich

Old August 2nd, 2018, 05:51 AM
In the Races of Faerun source book, there are additional prestige classes which don't show up in HL, even when that book is selected in the config screen.
RichieRich is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old August 2nd, 2018, 12:54 PM
Quote:
In the Races of Faerun source book, there are additional prestige classes which don't show up in HL, even when that book is selected in the config screen.
Not all of the classes have been added, for various reasons. I will add that to my todo list and any others you'd like to see. I am currently working on the next update for those files.

Classes take the most time to get right (apart from new mechanics which can be a pain and require outside assistance). And anything with pets are even worse.

To keep up to date on the progress and status of updates subscribe to this thread:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55726
TobyFox2002 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote