Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old January 15th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I've been trying to set up a racial pre-req and I've getting a strange error, some races come up as not defined when I use

validif (tagis[Race.Aasimar] <> 0)

Normal things will work fine, human, dwarf, halfelf, orc, halforc. But anything I try and do things that are a little outside the norm, Aasimar, etc and races that I have created it gives me a

Quote:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fQuadruped' on line 1
-> Tag 'Race.Aasimar' was not defined
I'm trying to get it with my own race, but I used Aasimar because it was something that can be tested without posting my code.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it an issue with hero labs not recognizing user created races fully.

PS., it also gives me a similar error when I try to use these races in Eval scripts.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 15th, 2014, 05:26 AM
In your portfolio, choose your race. Then go to Develop -> Floating Info Windows -> Show Hero Tags. If you do this with the Aasimar, you'll see there is no Race.Aasimar tag. The problem, in this case, is that the user-created race doesn't create that tag. It isn't done automatically. It's something that the creator needs to set up. That's why you are getting the error. I should probably go through all of the races and make sure they are adding tags like this. Some do, some don't. I would consider this a bug with the community set.

If you are creating your own race, you will need to create a new tag. You do this by going into "Counts as Race..." and select "New Tag". Then just give it the id you want. the ID is the only one that really matters, but you can put in a Name and/or Abbreviation if you want.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 15th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Well this is frustrating... I will keep this in mind.

Thank you.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 15th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Sorry. I've added the Aasimar tag. Let me know if there are any others you specifically need from the community set.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old January 15th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Not your fault, I just used Aasimar as an example, though will eventually need it for "planetouched' regions for faerun.

Thank you for the help.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote