Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 18th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Honestly, I think it was a mistake to merge all of the Community pieces into one Pack. It may have been good for resolving dependencies, but I think it made the whole too much for one person to manage.

I think this is especially true for major alternative systems, like Psionics and the Path of War. They're deviating pretty far from Paizo's published route on Pathfinder, and probably should be stand-alone add-ons for those who want them much like the Spheres of Power content maintained by The Iron Golem. I think that's a better solution for them.
I can see how it may look that way but merging it into "one" pack saves me SO MUCH time. Plus parts of PoW feeds on data from Psionics and so does Eberron parts I built. Meaning having it all in one allows those pieces to build on each other very easily. In addition the underlying "mechanics, components, and procedures" I wrote can be used across all books/Things now. I like "write once" use many times.

Just "releasing" of the Packs is down from 6hrs of work to about 30 minutes sense I went from many packs to just one. That is a HUGE time saving alone.

Sorry one Pack does not work well for everyone but if I had to support multiple Pathfinder Packs again I would most likely have to walk away. It just requires WAY to much effort.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 22nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I hate the fact that without buying the book things are being changed. What about the people who did buy the previous books that had things changed by this? We paid for the things in those books. They were not free.
I believe that in PFS play, we're required to use the latest versions of anything that was changed in this way.
LazarX is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old June 22nd, 2017, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
I look into my crystal ball and observe you not giving a single f@%k
That's a fine way to show gratitude and respect for someone who does the major share of contribution of free third party support for this software entirely on his own time.

Chemosh, I say use whatever method works for you, and if that causes problems for some ungrateful prat, they always have the option of removing your software from their Herolab seat.
LazarX is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old June 23rd, 2017, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
That's a fine way to show gratitude and respect for someone who does the major share of contribution of free third party support for this software entirely on his own time.

Chemosh, I say use whatever method works for you, and if that causes problems for some ungrateful prat, they always have the option of removing your software from their Herolab seat.
I am sorry, mate, you obviously misunderstood me. I was making a joke along the lines of SC looking at this problem that was being heaped on his shoulders and saying "NO F'ing way"

It was not meant to be disrespectful, quite the opposite actually, I was sympathizing with his hard work
ErinRigh is offline   #34 Reply With Quote