Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old December 27th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Well, Hello all! I wanted to inform you that there is an ETA on the release of FR, DL Dark Sun and Even some 3.5 Convert content. With a great deal of luck it should be released in about two months. Baring any huge issues, I hope to have this released at that time. Anyone who wishes to request content the deadline is at the End of APRIL. To those of you who have already requested content, thank you. To those that have donated content to me, Thank you even more, I may get in touch with you to help me make sure this release works properly before it is released (if you would like to help more).

To some of my colleagues, I may be asking for some minor assistance on some small matters of coding and proofing. Specifically, advice on creating the Dragonrider class which has elements that are beyond my abilities to code and universal rules to Conjuration (Healing) spells from Arcane Casters.

I have updated the list of whats being worked on and what has been completed please see below.

Dungeons & Dragons Converted Material
The Dungeons & Dragons Conversion.user is now REQUIRED for all other sources. This contains universal abilities for all systems. All systems now require the Hero Labs Community Content. Its just easiest to say that it requires that than saying which specific content requires what. As a result, whatever is required by the community content is now also required for mine. If you use any Campaign system from 3.5 this must be checked.

Universal Races: This release changes the way the common races are handled. As of this update, Humans and Half-Elves use this new system. I have hidden all of custom Human and Half-Elf races that were unique to each setting, such as faerun or dragonlance or athas. They all now simply use the normal "Race.rHuman" or "Race.rHalfElf" this makes it easier to use crossover systems such as Ravenloft as Ethnicities and Heritages are now universal. It also removes the burden of editing the core races if an update is done by paizo. In the future other races will be added to this, complete with their unique abilities for each subrace. For example, if you have an Elf, you would chose what kind of elf though the heritage or ethnicity. Same thing goes for the other races and sub-races. At this time, I only feel the need to do this for the core races, not any of the featured, uncommon or monstrous ones.
  • Races
    • Beholder (required for Forgotten Realms)
  • Mechanics
    • Legacy Renames no longer use Preclude. They use mechanics to rename the livename. This means, there is no more source errors since childfound can be used without having the source added.
    • Hide Pathfinder deities no longer uses preclude. No more source issues, faster run time.
    • Invocations Mechanic, Ability and Procedure. These are used for Invocation style classes; such as the Warlock and Dragonfire Adept. At the moment the Class ability isn't really all that flexable, and has a few known bugs; especially when players multiclass. This does not function properly at all with Gestalt, which I am working on. It also does not differentiate between what classes it is bootstrapped to, therefore if you have more than one Invocation class it counts BOTH class levels for the determination of your Invocation Level. For more details see the xInvoke ability notes.

Libris Mortis (new):
  • Classes
    • Pale Master
    • True Necromancer
  • Templates
    • Half Vampire :: Creatures that have the blood of vampires in their veins (not just humans).
    • Necromental :: Elementals infused with necromantic energies.
    • Necropolitan :: A creature that trades life for death, not necessarily evil.
  • Monsters
    • Skulking Cyst
  • Feats / Spells
    • All
  • Equipment
    • Brittlebone (unguent) :: Makes Skeleton's explode when slain.
    • Embalming Fire :: Zombies deal fire damage (take none).
    • Ghost Oil :: Coats weapons, allows them to strike incorporeal undead.
    • Liquid Night :: Allows light sensitive corporeal undead (bodaks, vampires etc) to withstand the sun's rays for a short period.
    • Bullet's, Priest (sling) :: Hollow glass sling bullets filled with holy (or unholy water).

Complete Arcane (new):
  • Classes
    • Warlock
  • Races / Monsters
    • None
  • Feats
    • Mortalbane
  • Spells
    • Earthen Grasp
    • Stony Grasp
    • Wall of Gloom
  • Equipment
    • Warlock's Scepter :: +1 light mace, spend charges to enhance Eldritch Blast.
    • Chausible of Fel Power :: Enhances Eldritch Blast and Chaotic Spells.

Dragon Magic (new):
Dragon Magic was created to supplement Races of the Dragon and act as a helper because of the complimentary nature of the two books. Originally it did have some classes, namely Dragonfire Adept, unfortunately it had to be withdrawn at the last minute due to errors that it was causing. I intend to work on this and release it as soon as it is fixed.
  • Classes
    • Dragonfire Adept (Withdrawn) [Too many Errors]
  • Feats
    • None
  • Spells / Psionics
    • All

Frostburn (new):
  • Classes
    • Rimefire Witch
    • Winterhaunt of Iborighu
  • Races
    • Uldra
  • Monsters
    • Entombed
    • Icegaunt
    • Raven, Giant
    • Rimefire Eidolon
  • Feats
    • All
  • Spells
    • All
  • Equipment
    • All

Races of the Dragon (new):
  • Classes
    • None
  • Races / Monsters
    • None
  • Feats
    • None
  • Spells / Psionics
    • All
  • Equipment
    • Angriz's Chest
    • Necklace of Dragons Teeth
    • Softhands' Gloves
  • Deities
    • All

Dragonlance (thanks to another coder):
  • Classes
    • High Sorcerery Orders (White, Red and Black Wizards) DONE
    • Inquisitor (DLC) DONE
    • Righteous Zealot DONE
    • Dragonrider DONE
  • Feats
    • Added Code for Draconian Breath Weapon and Imp. Draconian Breath Weapon DONE
  • Mechanics
    • Moon Magic DONE
  • Weapons (Hoopak)
  • Races
    • Aurak (Including the Aurak Magus) DONE (Aurak Magus Abandoned)
    • Baaz (Favored Class Options) DONE
    • Bozak DONE
    • Sivak DONE
    • Minotaur (And Minotaur Alt Racial Traits) DONE
    • Kapak (Favored Class Options) DONE
    • Kender/Half-Kender varients DONE
    • Irda DONE
    • Noble Draconians DONE
  • Materials
    • Dragonmetal (aka, Mithral "flavored") DONE
    • Star Metal (aka, Adamantine "flavored") DONE
Dark Sun
Dark Sun has undergone a bit of a change. With luck, if you have the dark sun setting selected it will no longer override core rules unless you have the source Enforce Dark Sun Rules selected. Also, humans and Half-Elves no longer use a DS specific race. Instead they use rHuman and rHalfElf. To set them to Dark Sun, set the source Enforce Dark Sun Rules, see above.

The dark sun spells have been set for pathfinder rules, for example spells that are listed as Wizard spells, are instead added to both sorcerer and wizard lists. And many spells have been added to pathfinder classes such as Witch, Alchemist, Bloodrager, Oracle, Alchemist and so on. This is to allow for the diversity of classes in pathfinder to be used, also to allow Dark Sun spells to be used elsewhere if desired.
  • Monsters
    • Anakore DONE
    • Gaj DONE
    • Gith DONE
  • Corrections
    • Removed Class Precludes for Alchemist, Cavalier, Gunslinger, Inquisitor, Magus, Ninja, Oracle, Samurai, Summoner, Witch.
  • Spells
    • All from (Dark Sun 3.pdf)
    • All domain access for Sorcerer-Kings (Templar)
    • All domain access for Elemental Clerics (Clerics)
    • Added "Allow Dark Sun Spells & Powers" source. This will allow the selection of dark sun spells and psionics without enabling any other Dark Sun Material.
Forgotten Realms:
  • Templates
    • Chosen of Mystra (semi-offical) DONE Note: This template is horrifically powerful. In FR it was usually considered acceptable for Epic or Demigod games. In PF terms, Mythic.
    • Chosen of Bane DONE Note: This template is horrifically powerful. In FR it was usually considered acceptable for Epic or Demigod games. In PF terms, Mythic.
    • Zin-Carla (Underdark) DONE
  • Races
    • Comparability issues with pathfinder races. . .
  • Corrected Errors
    • Selecting a Forgotten Realms deity would often throw an error referencing invalid domains. This mostly occurred with Elf, Renewal, Suffering and Retribution. It was caused by an incorrect unique id. This has been fixed.
    • Various Spell and Feat duplicate/conflicting ID corrections. Please check your spell and feat list, if the spell/feat now has the Word, "OBSOLETE" it has been hidden and replaced with a new version of the spell/feat.
Ravenloft:
  • Mechanics:
    • Outcast Rating Properly Calculates Outcast rating on all races, when used with gear that alters the OR.
    • Ravenloft Mechanics no longer display on ALL characters. It is active and hidden.
    • Half-Orc and Orc are no longer hidden as selectable races. However, they will throw a warning alerting the user that neither race is normally found in Ravenloft.
  • Classes
    • Monster Hunter (DONE)
    • Philosophical Alchemist
      • Archetype for Alchemist and Investigator (DONE)
      • Added select Ravenloft Spells to Alchemist extracts (see alchemist class description with the Ravenloft source selected)
  • Templates
    • Variant Lycanthropes [All Contained in the D&D Conversion Files]
      • Loup-garou, lowland [CE]
      • Loup-garou, mountain [CE]
      • Werebadger [CE]
      • Werefox [CE] (Including 3pp variant)
      • Werejackal [LE]
      • Werejaguar [LN] (Hybrid Form Only)
      • Wereleopard [LE] (Hybrid Form Only)
      • Wereray [CE]
      • Wereraven [NG]
    • Philosophical/Alchemical Child DONE
  • Monsters
    • Goblyn DONE

There will be other items that I add or perhaps remove from this list. I am happy to speak to anyone who would like to contribute. Just send me a PM, and I can give you my SKYPE.

Please DONT just send me files to contribute. I dont want to just say, "sorry I cant use," or "Jeez, I already finished that." Ask first, no sense reinventing the wheel as they say.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; April 30th, 2017 at 06:38 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 25th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Bug post for Dark Sun campaign:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.
The following errors occurred:
File: Dark Sun Campaign Setting.user (line 852) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('fConcFire')
I thought this was posted and fixed before. Perhaps my memory isn't what it used to be?
When deleted this comes up:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.
Thing 'rDSKanDBrQ' - Bootstrap thing 'raImpGrIll' does not exist
Thing 'rDSKanDSol' - Bootstrap thing 'raImpGrIll' does not exist
Thing 'rDSKanDWor' - Bootstrap thing 'raImpGrIll' does not exist

Also an error pops up with the same error line:
No XP Cost mechanics found!
- - -
- - -

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; March 25th, 2017 at 11:30 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 25th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
- - -
- - -
Once HL encounters errors it loads in safe mode and NO .user files are loaded. This includes the community Pack. Without the Community Pack loading the NO XP option fails to work...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 25th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Once HL encounters errors it loads in safe mode and NO .user files are loaded. This includes the community Pack. Without the Community Pack loading the NO XP option fails to work...
This happens immediately upon loading in safe mode, no portfolio loaded. Does this mean HL default needs the community pack to work? This never used to be an issue as I recall so I find it odd.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 25th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Quote:
This happens immediately upon loading in safe mode, no portfolio loaded. Does this mean HL default needs the community pack to work? This never used to be an issue as I recall so I find it odd.
You have NO XP selected as your Default option in Configure Your Hero. So yes HL is trying to load that option which it can't do without the community Pack. No such option exists in core HL this is an option I added.

You can just switch XP back to medium or whatever you want and be fine. But XP options work a little different from normal sources do. This causes HL to complain about the missing mechanic.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old March 25th, 2017, 12:25 PM
It does not appear you have the most recent file set. You might want to try deleting it and re-downloading it. The dark sun version of the feat is named fConcFire1

Quote:
Bug post for Dark Sun campaign:
File: Dark Sun Campaign Setting.user (line 852) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('fConcFire')
I thought this was posted and fixed before. Perhaps my memory isn't what it used to be?
When deleted this comes up:
Thing 'rDSKanDBrQ' - Bootstrap thing 'raImpGrIll' does not exist
Thing 'rDSKanDSol' - Bootstrap thing 'raImpGrIll' does not exist
Thing 'rDSKanDWor' - Bootstrap thing 'raImpGrIll' does not exist

- - -
- - -
TobyFox2002 is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 25th, 2017, 12:28 PM
@Toby Well something isn't right as I am using your link on the first page and I downloaded this today. Not sure why I am not getting the more recent copy, but this seems to be the case.

@Shadow Ah! Ok that makes sense.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old March 25th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Quote:
@Toby Well something isn't right as I am using your link on the first page and I downloaded this today. Not sure why I am not getting the more recent copy, but this seems to be the case.

@Shadow Ah! Ok that makes sense.
I dont know how to go about finding out whats going on short of looking at what you are doing and how your stuff is set up. If you want, we can do a screen share at some point, or perhaps you can zip up EVERYTHING in your pathfinder folder and send it to me and I can try and tell whats going on. But short of that, I dont really know what to say.

My skype is on name is over on the left, either way let me know. If anyone else might have some ideas I'd be happy to hear them.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old March 25th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Alright, if anyone else has this problem it is a result of a conflict between two feats. fConcFire and something else in a source book that has been added by paizo since the most recent update of the Dark Sun files.

You can correct this by renaming the feat to fConcFire1. I have no further details regarding this at this time.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 26th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Figured I'd bring this up, you may want to add the source to raRVTemCfg or at least I think it is the culprit. See when ravenloft is loaded this racial ability raRVTemCfg spreads to all portfolios immediately, yet I don't see any reason why it does so something further up the tree is loading it in. A simple source though should fix that.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #90 Reply With Quote