Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

Jet

Old January 4th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I'm creating a Barbarian Titan Mauler.
When selecting a Larger sized 2handed weapon than your character size it categorizes the weapon as a siege weapon and will not allow you too select it as a weapon.
According to the book you are suppose to take a -2 to attack per size category but the titan mauler at level 3 starts to counter act that because thats your niche.

For example:
it will not allow me to select a large greatsword, because it says its a siege weapon even though its only one size larger.
Jet is offline   #161
Belafon

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I'm creating a Barbarian Titan Mauler.
When selecting a Larger sized 2handed weapon than your character size it categorizes the weapon as a siege weapon and will not allow you too select it as a weapon.
According to the book you are suppose to take a -2 to attack per size category but the titan mauler at level 3 starts to counter act that because thats your niche.

For example:
it will not allow me to select a large greatsword, because it says its a siege weapon even though its only one size larger.
This is correct. Note the bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFRPG Core
The measure of how much effort it takes to use a weapon (whether the weapon is designated as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon for a particular wielder) is altered by one step for each size category of difference between the wielder’s size and the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed. For example, a Small creature would wield a Medium one-handed weapon as a two-handed weapon. If a weapon’s designation would be changed to something other than light, one-handed, or two-handed by this alteration, the creature can’t wield the weapon at all.
A large greatsword (normally two-handed at medium size) changes the designation to "two-handed +1" The Titan Mauler reduces the penalty for wielding an inappropriately sized weapon. However the archetype does not change the fact that you still can't wield a weapon that would be more than two-handed at all.

As an example at 6th level of Titan mauler a medium creature can wield a large scimitar as a two-handed weapon with no penalty. It still can't wield a huge scimitar, because the designation would be something above two-handed.

Titan mauler is a good flavor choice if you're playing a campaign with a lot of giants but doesn't really add much mechanically.
Belafon is offline   #162
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkgard View Post
I'm also getting the "has been orphaned for pick index '0'" error message. When first loading up a *.por file created using a version 3.8 or less the *.por file loads fine. Once you save the *.por file in version 3.9 and reload the *.por file, the error msg's appear. No changes have been made to the *.por file other than a load then immediate save in version 3.9.
Thanks for reporting this - this will be fixed in v3.9a. Once you've saved the portfolio in v3.9a, the message will go away.
Colen is offline   #163
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belafon View Post
A large greatsword (normally two-handed at medium size) changes the designation to "two-handed +1" The Titan Mauler reduces the penalty for wielding an inappropriately sized weapon. However the archetype does not change the fact that you still can't wield a weapon that would be more than two-handed at all.

As an example at 6th level of Titan mauler a medium creature can wield a large scimitar as a two-handed weapon with no penalty. It still can't wield a huge scimitar, because the designation would be something above two-handed
Yep this is correct for the Titan Mauler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Thanks for reporting this - this will be fixed in v3.9a. Once you've saved the portfolio in v3.9a, the message will go away.
Awesome thank you! The .stock files for ALL of the Community Bestiary are now showing this error as well as we just redid them in v3.9.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #164
egg_green

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I notice that the Glabrezu Demon has the Change Shape ability listed under "Special." However, that type of demon does not have the Change Shape ability in either the Bestiary or the PRD.
egg_green is offline   #165
Aldaron

Old January 7th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Incidentally, that "Usage pool" bug that's reported around posts #145-ish seems to only be occurring when a character has a mount. If I delete the mount (a light horse, in my case) the .por file loads without a problem, but if I put the horse back in, the problem returns.
Aldaron is offline   #166
quixoticparadigm

Old January 7th, 2012, 08:54 AM
The Contingent Channeling feat should only be available to those with the "True healer class feature, Selective Channeling." It currently says its available to my cleric who has Selective Channeling but is not a True Healer.
quixoticparadigm is offline   #167
Provos

Old January 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Still getting this with all my characters

Code:
Usage pool 'psiPPUsed' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jXP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jSP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jPrestige' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jPresSpent' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'facPresSpt' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'facPresTPA' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jPP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jGP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jCP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Provos is offline   #168
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 7th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
Still getting this with all my characters

Code:
Usage pool 'psiPPUsed' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jXP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jSP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jPrestige' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jPresSpent' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'facPresSpt' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'facPresTPA' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jPP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jGP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Usage pool 'jCP' has been orphaned for pick index '0'
Open the character(.por) and dirty it up. This means make any small change like add a space in the character name. Save the character again. When you reopen the file you won't get any more error messages.

At least it works for me. Just redid about a hundred for community bestiary.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #169
Enforcer84

Old January 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Not a big deal as you can still use it, but I get a warning that the "Bracelet of Mercy" wondrous item only works with a character with the Mercy Ability. I'm using the Merciful Healer Archetype which does have the mercy class feature.

Noticed the eval uses paladin helper text as is possibly the only thing it can.
Just thought I'd point it out
Enforcer84 is offline   #170
Closed Thread