Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Immolate

Old December 24th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I'm sure this topic comes up periodically, but it seems odd to me that Lone Wolf doesn't offer a Pathfinder player and GM bundle. Currently, a player would have to spent $80 to get up and running with Hero Lab, Pathfinder, APG, UM, and UC. All are necessary, but that's a tough sell to someone who has to buy it all at once. Similary, a GM would have to shell out $110 to include the three bestiaries.

A bundle for $59.99 for players at $79.99 for GMs would go a long way to helping those of us who use and love Hero Lab to evangelize to our table-mates the joys of a fully functional character sheet. Those of us who are enthusiasts already will buy the products as they become available, no loss of revenue there. Of course, as each person buys the appropriate package, they become new enthusiasts buying each additional core product that comes out.

Each new core product that comes out makes it harder and harder to convince someone to take the plunge. I think bundles would be a great idea to combat that phenomenon.
Immolate is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
UndeadDan

Old December 26th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Actually, it's $60 for your proposed player bundle and $90 for your proposed GM Bundle.

Player
Hero Lab (+Pathfinder) $30
Advanced Players Guide $10
Ultimate Magic $10
Ultimate Combat $10

GM (above +)
Bestiary Bundle (includes 1, 2, & 3) $30
UndeadDan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 26th, 2011, 04:52 PM
The players only need to purchase Hero Lab(Pathfinder) for $30 USD they can then use the community created data for the rest. Only if they choose to have the files created by Lone Wolf do they have to spend any additional.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/commu...tions/hero-lab

Last edited by Provos; December 26th, 2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added url to some data files
Provos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Immolate

Old December 30th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks. I didn't recall that the Pathfinder game system was part of the price of Herolab. That makes it a much easier sell.

I couldn't find anything on the d20pfsrd page that was analogous to APG, UM or UC. I may have overlooked it or misunderstood.
Immolate is offline   #4 Reply With Quote