Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TCArknight

Old June 18th, 2016, 09:31 AM
And another question -

In Pathfinder, Feats like Toughness can be taken multiple times, yet on the selection tables only appear once, with the number of times it has been taken appended to the end of the name.

What is the way this should be done to get the same result for our own components in a dataset?

For example, I have a dynamic table that displays a Power component. When I choose one of these powers, it appears on the table and is available to select again.

If the same Power is chosen, I have two entries on my table, but I'd prefer to just show the one with an indicator of how many times it's been taken.

Is there an example of this somewhere?
Thanks!
TC
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 19th, 2016, 04:12 AM
In Pathfinder, the Toughness Feat can only be taken once - You might be getting confused with the same feat in 3.5 d20. You might be better off looking at the Scripts on the "Extra" feats in the editor (like Extra Ki, Extra Performance, Extra Rage) since these can be taken multiple times and their effects stack.
Also consider Class Abilities (like Sneak Attack) that increase at higher levels.

Last edited by Dami; June 19th, 2016 at 04:16 AM. Reason: More info
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old July 5th, 2016, 09:50 AM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, maybe if I rephrase....

I have component.Advantage and a thing called "Magic Use" which is set as non-unique.

Currently, on my list of advantages of this Magic Use is taken more than once, I show:
Advantage 1
Advantage 2
Magic Use
Magic Use
Advantage 3

What I'd like to do, is have it appear as:
Advantage 1
Advantage 2
Magic Use (x2)
Advantage 3

It seems like I need to do something to the showtemplate, but not sure how to go about it offhand.

Thoughts?
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 5th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Making that happen is something we have not implemented in any of our own game systems - the hassle of tracking the other copies of an item in order to figure out when you've taken it more than once, and then displaying the right multiplier on one copy, while hiding the other copies.

Just not worth the time required for us, yet.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote