Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

areteas

Old March 31st, 2014, 03:33 PM
Anyone know where I can find documentation on the findchild function under d20? Or maybe could help me translate a PF eval script to a d20-friendly version? I see from other threads findchild exists but I gather it has different syntax under D20.
The script I'm trying to adapt is to create the MM3/Races of Eberron shifter race using ShadowChemosh's modified Shifter race from the PF community package.
Code:
~First 450
~because custom class specials test their existence at First/500, they can't run a script before then
~however, we need to find out what type has been selected, so we know which set of abilities to add
~therefore, we make the check from the class, rather than the bloodline, and forward that tag to the hero
if (hero.findchild[RaceAbil,"thingid.raShifting"].field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
perform hero.findchild[RaceAbil,"thingid.raShifting"].field[usrChosen1].chosen.forward[Custom.?]
endif
Custom.x tags don't seem to exist in d20 so I imagine that has to be replaced with User.? at the end there.
However I can't figure out how to fix the findchild part. The raShifting custom ability has a pick field that specifies what type of shifter they are from a list and then sets a tag (i.e. Razorclaw gets User.ShifterRC). The script is designed to look this up. I can't figure out how to put this in a way d20 will accept, though (tried replacing RaceAbil with CustAbil or just Abil, but I'm not even sure it accepts the category,thingid syntax anyway).
areteas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 31st, 2014, 07:01 PM
childfound

Simple example: hero.childfound[rDarkVis].field[Value].value

All this does is apply whatever you are using it for based on whether the child is found or not, and if it isn't present, it allows the script to continue without error. Others can correct me if I've missed something. The d20 files are notoriously lacking when compared to the PF files, so you might not be able to move scripts over.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 1st, 2014, 11:15 AM
d20 has a different set of components than Pathfinder. For the component, try "BaseSpec" instead of "RaceAbil"
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
areteas

Old April 1st, 2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks for both good tips. One last question - is the Item Selection section of Custom Abilities under d20 usable? I have added some a Custom Ability called Shifting and hoped the user could use it to select the breed of shifter their character is (and thus bootstrap appropriate weapons/abilities), but it appears the Special tab of HeroLab with no way for them to make a selection.
areteas is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Custom Class Abilities? They should be able to make a selection on the class tab, nothing makes selections on the Special tab.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 5th, 2014, 10:25 AM
I've been able to 'trick' specials by adding them to the Feats list and bootstrapping that selection onto the Special. As Aaron said, there is really no way to have a chooser in the Specials tab.
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote