Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

genx3000

Old July 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
have worked out the duplicate for rares and specials it works fine upto 2000 points only allowing 2 rares and 3 specials and the changes over to 4 rares and 6 specials when it should work all the way upto 2999 points for 2 rares and 3 specials and every thing after should be 4 rares and 6 specials
genx3000 is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 27th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genx3000 View Post
sorry i had to do some checking to see under what circumstance this bug occurs. there does not seem to be a link between the total army points and the validation method. as if you select that you want to create an army list with 5000 points and you put in 5 rares it comes up and says there are two many rares but if you ethier change the points or create a new roster with 2500 points you still have to go up to 5 rares before the validation kicks in when as soon as you hit 3 it should say there is a problem. this goes the same for specials try it.
There is definitely validation for 3000 point plus armies... and it's definitely working for me.
What units have you tested it with?
silks is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
genx3000

Old July 27th, 2010, 05:55 AM
sorry if i am not explaining myself correctly load army builder and warhamer fantasy v8 now select any army put the points at 2000 and create you roster now and any lord make him you general add all the core you need so you meet all the validation now add 3 rares or 4 specials. it now says [too many of the same (rares or specials)]. now create a new list choose any army but make the points 2001 select a lord make it your general and the appropriate number of core units and now add 3 rares of 4 specials it now does not say anything about having too many rares or specials this is incorrect as even though you are using 2001 points instead of 2000 the rules state that you can only use 2 duplicate rares and 3 duplicate specials upto 2999 points . for 3000 point games or more you are then allowed to use 4 rares and 6 specials

p.s

there does not seem to be validation for the three unit rule which states you must have at least three units in you army list does not matter what they are with the exception to heroes for example a grey seer, plague priest and skavenslaves would not meet this rule as there is only one valid unit the skavenslaves but a grey seer, skaven slaves, plague monks and doomwheel would meet the three uint validation as skavenslaves , plague monks and doomwheel are all valid units
genx3000 is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
genx3000

Old July 27th, 2010, 06:09 AM
~ Work out how many characters we're allowed.
var rares as number
if (size <= 2000) then
rares = 2
else
rares = 4
endif

needs to be changed to

var rares as number
if (size <= 2999) then
rares = 2
else
rares = 4
endif

then it will work correctly
genx3000 is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
genx3000

Old July 27th, 2010, 06:28 AM
var specs as number
if (size <= 2000) then
specs = 3
else
specs = 6
endif

need to be changed to

var specs as number
if (size <= 2999) then
specs = 3
else
specs = 6
endif
genx3000 is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 27th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Doh,
Can't believe I did that thanks!
New link is here
[URL=http://www.4shared.com/file/m5ADbMAB/Warhammer_Fantasy_8th.html[/URL]
silks is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old July 27th, 2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.4shared.com/file/m5ADbMAB...ntasy_8th.html

Fixed
Yobtar is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Once again I fail at forums
Just to let you guys know I've been in touch with Lone Wolf and they're going to set up WH8th as a new system and allow me to author the files onto their server.
We're going to wait until a month after the release which is apparently the schedule previous authors used in order to not annoy Games Workshop too much.
Silks
silks is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Guchi

Old July 28th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Just a quick one, currently taking a dragon (Tested with HE and CW) counts the points to both Lords and Heroes in the validation, the correct behaviour it to count just towards lords in this case the army points are fine.
Guchi is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
krelios

Old July 28th, 2010, 05:14 AM
The Dark Elves' "Power of Darkness" spell is replacing the signature spell of every lore rather than being added to it. What if you made "Power of Darkness" a special rule (like "Eternal Hatred") instead? I'm pretty sure most Dark Elf players know how it works and it would show up in the special rules table at the end of the roster if they needed to reference it.
krelios is offline   #150 Reply With Quote