Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Version 4.2 of the Pathfinder files has been released. It's available in through the automatic updates mechanism, as usual.

(Version 4.1 had a very bad crash bug that doesn't occur in our development environment, only in the published version - that version only existed for about 6 hours)

For the APG, we have the remaining feats and the alternate racial traits. There were also quite a number of bug to be fixed that had built up during the month before Gen Con.

Here's the change list, copied from the FAQ:

Enhancements & Changes
  • Added the remaining feats from the APG.
  • Added the alternate racial traits from the APG.
  • Performance for heroes with many spells has been greatly improved.
  • Added the original source of most things to the description text that's displayed.
Bug Fixes
  • The spells Ball Lightning, Cloak of Winds, Pillar of Life and Stone Call were incorrectly set as being 1st level spells.
  • The Panicked and Frightened conditions now activate shaken, rather than applying their penalties themselves, so that the effects of those conditions don't stack.
  • The Tiger, Dire should have 7 skill points assigned to Stealth.
  • Eidolons with Damage Resistance could not select the alignment of that damage resistance in some cases.
  • The Horse, Heavy should have 2 Hoof attacks at 1d6 and a Bite attack at 1d4.
  • When created as a "-Custom/Magic Weapon-", weapons that should be easier because of your race (like the Dwarven Urgosh for a Dwarf), were not listed as proficient when they should be.
  • In the Spells & Powers section of the character sheet, classes now display unlimited spells/day as /*, rather than /99.
  • If spells had been added to a class that are not castable yet (for example, the Oracle's access to Cure or Inflict spells), they no longer display on the Spells & Powers section of the character sheet's summary of spells prepared.
  • The Arcane Bloodline for sorcerer should not allow all knowledge skills as class skills. It now offers a selector for the user to pick which knowledge skill is a class skill.
  • The "Current Armor" option for what an adjustment can choose from was not functioning properly.
  • Non-basic races were being allowed for Pathfinder Society characters.
  • The Amulet of Mighty Fists would produce errors if equipped on a character with natural attacks.
  • The Fighter's Weapon Training: Natural was only being applied to unarmed attacks, and not to natural weapons.
  • Familiars selected from the Sorcerer's Arcane Bloodline were getting the INT, AC and SR of a familiar for a sorcerer of twice their level.
  • The attack bonus granted by a Cavalier's Banner ability was staying at +1 and not increasing with levels.
  • The Immunities granted by the elemental domains were being displayed on the statblock and Special summary panel before 20th level.
  • The Staff of Heaven and Earth (from Rise of the Runelords) was incorrectly set as costing 26gp (rather than 26500).
  • The Intelligence of a familiar had been 10, and the user had to reduce the INT to the minimum value in order to get the correct INT. Familiars should now have the correct intelligence scores.
  • The Custom Spell option for a spellbook caster (Wizards, Witches, Alchemists) was not functioning.
  • The Exotic Weapon Proficiency for Bastard Swords and Dwarven Waraxes was incorrectly requiring STR 13.
  • Additional HD added to a Hydra were not increasing the natural armor, as stated in the Hydra's description.
  • The Pinpoint Targeting (L15) and Penetrating Shot (L19) abilities for the Fighter's Crossbowman archetype had their levels swapped.
  • The text for the Shatter Defenses feat's requirement of Dazzling Display said Point Blank Shot, instead of Dazzling Display.
  • The Fighter's Two-Weapon Fighter archetype was gaining its Defensive Flurry ability at level 2 + every 4 levels, instead of 3 + every 4 levels.
  • The Serpentine Eidolon should get Reach (Bite) as a free evolution.
  • The Ash subdomain was missing its 7th (Disintegrate) and 9th (Fiery Body) level domain spells.
Data File Authoring
  • Item Powers can now specify that they are non-magical effects that do not need an enhancement bonus to be present on the item they are being added to.
  • field[cMaxSpLev].value has been added to classes. This is the highest level of spells that the class can currently cast. Because the value 0 means a character is able to cast cantrips for that class, this value will be -1 if the class cannot cast spells.
  • herofield[tMaxSpLev].value has been added to the hero. This is the maximum value of cMaxSpLev among all the character's classes.
  • All weapons now have an EasyWeapon.? tag. If the tag for that a weapon is present on the hero, the weapon is considered one step easier to wield (Exotic -> Martial -> Simple). For example, the Half-Orc's Beastmaster trait makes Whips a martial weapon by assigning EasyWeapon.wWhip to the hero.
  • To distinguish between races that can share feats, magic items, prestige classes, etc., for example Elves and Half-Elves from the races an alternate racial trait is available for, a new tag group, IsRace.? was added, that works alongside Race.?. There are now two lists for "Counts As Races" in the editor, the first for those races the race shares alternate racial traits with, and the second for those races it shares feats, etc. with. All the races selected in the first list will be duplicated by Hero Lab to the second list, so there's no need to select the same thing in both lists.
  • Because alternate racial traits often replace racial abilities whose effects were applied on the race, rather than the special ability, many abilities and races needed to be modified so that the effects of the ability are applied by that ability, rather than the race. For example, the +1 feat and +1 skill point/level that humans receive were moved from the race to the appropriate special ability.
  • The Alignment Required and Alignment Forbidden options have been added to feats, traits, flaws, skill tricks and animal tricks.
  • The "Same As Deity's" option has been added to the Alignment Required option that is available on many editor tabs.

Last edited by Mathias; August 20th, 2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Updated for 4.2
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:39 PM
What are we still missing fro the APG? I noticed there is no Hero Points, What about alternate Class abilities?
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:48 PM
There is a FAQ available from the help menu within the program. That contains the status update on the APG.

Alternate Class Abilities are mentioned at the top of my email.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
T

I see Racial not Class, will look at the FAQ
Dragnmoon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Your FAQ says they are added, but I don't see them in the Program..
Dragnmoon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
There is a FAQ available from the help menu within the program. That contains the status update on the APG.

Ok red the FAQ, It says you added Alternate Class Abilities, But I don't see how to add them, I see how to add Archetype, but not Alternate Class Abilities.

Edit: re-looking at the APG rules, Thought you can pick and choose alternate class features without taking the whole archetype, now unsure....

Edit Edit: Seems I was wrong... Never mind, nothing to see here...grrrrrr

Last edited by Dragnmoon; August 20th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 08:09 PM
No, an archetype is all or none.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old August 20th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I'm getting an error every time I try and click on a drop down menu ... sent an e-mail to support about it

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Sketchpad, thanks for the report. I've tracked down the source of the problem and we're in the final stages of testing a fix now - we'll try to get a new update live ASAP.
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM
OK, I've put a new update live - please let me know if you run into further crashes.
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote