Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tdub415

Old June 27th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I've played around with the formatting of the roster print, but can't seem to find a way to hide the stat block the prints out beside the unit's name. Is there a way to hide the stat block on the unit name? I don't see what purpose it serves.

As new players, my friend and I got very confused thinking that my fire warriors (example) had 0 melee attacks in close combat.
Tdub415 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hi there

There is no way to remove a "container" stat line such as this but what you can do is create a statset that has no stats on it, or potentially one such as Grouping that lists the unit as a container/team etc.

Within the Views on the Available and Roster view you can then include all the relevant stats, although the columns will show on the screen there won't be any entries for it.

Have a look at Hail Caesar def file or the Bolt Action def file for an example of how it works - I think off top of my head this is the closest you will be able to get to it
Harkan_again is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I have this on my to do list to fix on a permanent bassist. But for now, that block is only an issue on container units.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old July 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
ow do JLong
Harkan_again is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jlong05

Old July 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Followup for LW here.

Is there a way to change the type designation for an entry after selection via the pre or post link scripting.

The issue I have is that units in 40k(and increasingly over other games) are moving to more of a squad where there are now differing units within the overall squad. The idea way to display this would be to group these units as containers in AB, however the stats for the primary unit type do not display. I have been overriding this by setting the unit as 'unit' which shows the stats and then when the unit is selected, changing the stats for the container to 0s as the correct models for those stats are added as children to the container.

This however leaves these 0s in the printout. Is there a way to change the type for display after selection to a container but have the unit stats display in the selection section.

jlong05 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM
By "change the type", do you mean change the stat-set that gets displayed for the unit in a script? That wasn't a situation we anticipated - are you needing to switch a unit from being a regular unit into being a "container"? Can you describe the circumstances in which you need to do this?
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jlong05

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
By "change the type", do you mean change the stat-set that gets displayed for the unit in a script? That wasn't a situation we anticipated - are you needing to switch a unit from being a regular unit into being a "container"? Can you describe the circumstances in which you need to do this?
Colen, That is exactly what I am needing. Or I guess a way to define a type that displays stats in 1 area, but not in the other.

Here is the issue:

Unit is identified as Fire Warrior Team. This team is made up of Firewarriors, Possibly a Devilfish transport, and possibly drones or other models. Since they are all part of the team I was trying to define them that way in the tool so that it would be displayed such as:

Firewarrior Team
- Firwarriors, x10, stats, gear, etc....
- Shas'vre, x1, stats, gear, etc....
- Devilfish, x1, stats, gear etc...

The old way we did this was to have the team as the firewarriors and everything was a child under them, but that looked weird and sometimes caused issues.

Now the problem here is, for unit selection, most players like to see the stats for the main portion of the unit(for instance firewarriors in this case), but would not want them duplicated in the roster below or the printed roster as it sometimes can be taken as you have the models twice.

As a work around I added a prelink change to alter the 'teams' stats to 0s to help eliminate this confusion, but having them completely gone would be best. This is where I thought if it would be something that can be changed at selection I could just handle that way, such as in a pro/post link script area.

If you or Rob would like more information, let me know and maybe we can have a Skype call to discuss.

-John

jlong05 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 26th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Does the "team" entry *ever* need stats? Or should it always display no stats at all? If the latter, can't you just use an empty stat set (empty apart from displaying the composition group)?
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jlong05

Old July 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM
OK. Lets see if I can better explain the issue.

In AB, when building an Army List, your select units from the top Selection area and those get placed in the bottom Army List area. I know you understand this, but for the sake of explaining the terms I am using I thought it best to state this. Here are screen shots of the issue I am having.

When designing the units in Creator if I set the 'Fire Warrior Team' as type 'Unit' here is what we select and how it lists the unit. The selection area is how we want to see it displayed as this shows the stats identified for the unit that is contained within the false container unit.

When we select the unit however, this is how it displays. Because the Unit is really a container with the models of the unit as a child of the unit, the stats were displaying twice. As a solution, I added a prelink on the team to set the stat values to 0s. This however is less than ideal for the final display output as indicated by the OP above.

Now, if I instead set the 'Fire Warrior Team' as type 'Container' this is how it displays. This is less than ideal for selection now as it is all blank for the stats.

However, the display for the unit in the List is perfect as the Team line is all blank, and the associated models within this unit all display the stats correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sel-showing.gif (37.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: gif roster-zeros.gif (59.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: gif sel-missing.gif (63.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: gif roster-blank.gif (81.8 KB, 20 views)

jlong05 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jlong05

Old July 28th, 2013, 07:24 PM
What I am asking is how to get this as the final result: This selection from the first examples above, but the Unit List from the second section, such as this:

jlong05 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote