Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

yo!!

Old September 13th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Hey all,
Either I'm confused or this is a bug? My builds always show as being "over bp limit" because HL isn't factoring in negative qualities. Unless there's some funky behind the scenes math going on here...

Thanks
yo!! is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 13th, 2011, 08:53 AM
If you move your mouse over the "Total Build Points" entry on the Basics summary, you'll see a breakdown of your BP. Moving the mouse over each of the sub-categories below it will provide a breakdown of that category. Can you use that to narrow down exactly where your error is?

I'm afraid without specifics, I can't figure out where the error is.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
yo!!

Old September 13th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Having done as you requested...I honestly think that the "qualities" (both positive and negative) aren't being factored in, even though they're being listed? Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Reason I ask is, here I have a build provided by a player, made straight from the core book. Accurate, as far as I can see. I made it using HL. All the core numbers (i.e., X bp for attributes, X bp for skills, etc) stay the same, yet it's still saying I'm over. :-/ The number it's saying I'm over by is the positive qualities bp amount.
yo!! is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 13th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Looking at the testing character I currently have up, I see "Qualities (+20, -35)" listed among the sub-resources, and when I mouse over the total BP, I see "Qualities BP (-15)" listed among the elements that went into the total build points.

Try deleting or adding a quality - does the total BP change?

Try creating a new, blank character, and add all the qualities this character has - is that portion of the BP calculations correct in a simpler case?

If you add up all of the entries between "Total Build Points" and "Contacts" manually (everything in the list of resources without a slash), does that total 400 (or whatever BP limit you're going for)?

I'm sorry, but I still need more information if I'm going to be able to diagnose the problem - I have not seen this sort of issue on any of the characters I've worked on, so it's probably something subtle, or its caused by an odd combination of circumstances that I missed in testing.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Frankie the Formori

Old September 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
IF you can, could you list some of the PC highlights....Say qualities at least, but if possible then his BP totals? I am having so much fun with this program I make a diffrent PC/NPC about every day...so far the only issues I have had have been fixed except the Cyber Spur (which is such a minor problem that there should not be any update for it till other things are added I am thinking)
Frankie the Formori is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I hate to say it but I can't confirm this one. I built characters by hand and in hero lab with just the core and found the BP was matching up.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
yo!!

Old September 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
OK, got it figured out. The magic is being calculated wrong, but it looks as if the bug is limited to just my current portfolio. Aka, when I create a new portfolio, and create a new physical adept, it calculates magic costs just fine. In the old portfolio, if I completely remove physical adept (thereby removing magic) and then re-add it later, it still calculates incorrectly. Weird.
yo!! is offline   #7 Reply With Quote