Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
karpomatic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 132

Old August 2nd, 2017, 06:39 AM
So what's the skinny on Starfinder? It's dropping very soon and I'd like to add it to my HL & RW.

Realm Works Kickstarter supporter
karpomatic is offline   #1
BJ
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 599

Old August 3rd, 2017, 02:00 PM
We are working hard to bring Starfinder character creation to everyone by the end of the month.
BJ is offline   #2
karpomatic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 132

Old August 5th, 2017, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
We are working hard to bring Starfinder character creation to everyone by the end of the month.
That's awesome. How about RW? Will the content be there as well?

Realm Works Kickstarter supporter
karpomatic is offline   #3
BJ
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 599

Old August 5th, 2017, 09:42 AM
It will! It won't be out right when Starfinder launches, but we will have it.
BJ is offline   #4
Ruka
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 29

Old August 7th, 2017, 05:34 AM
Do you have an idea of the cost of the HL data package? Not that I won't buy it but this way I can save my pennies.
Ruka is offline   #5
Toblakai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 435

Old August 7th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka View Post
Do you have an idea of the cost of the HL data package? Not that I won't buy it but this way I can save my pennies.
I suspect it will be the typical cost of a new rule system of $34.99.
Toblakai is offline   #6
Steel_Wind
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18

Old August 7th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Take my money! Please!

I won't run Starfinder without Herolab support. So yeah, this is critical for me and mine. Get 'er done!
Steel_Wind is offline   #7
s_gmusic
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3

Old August 7th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
We are working hard to bring Starfinder character creation to everyone by the end of the month.
Will this just be for the PC version of HeroLab or will it be on iOS as well?
s_gmusic is offline   #8
Steel_Wind
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:33 PM
Hi guys,

Looking through Table 2-4 of the Starfinder Core Rulebook revealed something I was not expecting.

Starfinder has done away with the Slow, Medium, and Fast XP point level Advancement track. In Starfinder, there is only one XP point advancement track (the exact same XP level requirements as are used as "Fast Track" in Pathfinder RPG).

I know that adding House Rule feature requests can get cumbersome, but as the XP points and track options are ALREADY present in the Herolab Pathfinder code base, could you please just port that over and have the default be "Fast Track", but let the GM choose to specify a "Slow" or "Medium" advancement, using the same XP points per level from Pathfinder RPG? It should not take any new code at all. Just use the same XP features and options as exist in the current Pathfinder XP progression - simply change the default for Starfinder to "Fast Track".

I can foresee that the "Fast Track" is going to be too fast for my campaign preferences. The most annoying thing about this -- indeed, the only annoying thing really - is that Herolab might not support it.

As the code already exists, can you please just port it over so we can specify it as a House Rule override? Thanks.
Steel_Wind is offline   #9
drakahn99
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 95

Old August 10th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Wind View Post
Hi guys,

Looking through Table 2-4 of the Starfinder Core Rulebook revealed something I was not expecting.

Starfinder has done away with the Slow, Medium, and Fast XP point level Advancement track. In Starfinder, there is only one XP point advancement track (the exact same XP level requirements as are used as "Fast Track" in Pathfinder RPG).

I know that adding House Rule feature requests can get cumbersome, but as the XP points and track options are ALREADY present in the Herolab Pathfinder code base, could you please just port that over and have the default be "Fast Track", but let the GM choose to specify a "Slow" or "Medium" advancement, using the same XP points per level from Pathfinder RPG? It should not take any new code at all. Just use the same XP features and options as exist in the current Pathfinder XP progression - simply change the default for Starfinder to "Fast Track".

I can foresee that the "Fast Track" is going to be too fast for my campaign preferences. The most annoying thing about this -- indeed, the only annoying thing really - is that Herolab might not support it.

As the code already exists, can you please just port it over so we can specify it as a House Rule override? Thanks.
barring that they support the fast/medium/slow you could

multiply the awarded xp by 0.666666667 for the medium track
or
multiply the awarded xp by 0.448598131 for the slow track

this will convert the xp from the slow/medium over to the appropriate amount on the fast track for you.

alternatively you could award levels exery xxx number of game sessions.
drakahn99 is offline   #10
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.