Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

GreyLurker

Old January 31st, 2020, 05:30 PM
Good to hear you are getting some help, looking forward to the next release.

With regards to Spheres of Might. There are still a fair number of missing Archtypes, would you be able to give any idea where they fall in your current timetable?
GreyLurker is offline   #841 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 2nd, 2020, 02:17 PM
I was initially wondering where Ultimate Spheres of Power versus the remaining sphere specific handbooks (older versions, since the USoP kickstarter... but potentially still useful to those not interested in using the USoP version) prioritized.

Having the ability to do both is great.

Regarding Might, one of my players was interested in a Technician as the Spheres of Might files went live.
On release, we were told that Technician had implementation difficulties, and would eventually be updated.
Our group hasn't really looked at the class since then.
Just curious where that stands.

If we were choosing, USoP would be our priority.
But not sure what others would choose, and we're just one group out of many.
Ualaa is offline   #842 Reply With Quote
Vallaki

Old February 5th, 2020, 07:35 PM
With one of the latest updates the Caster Level on the individual sphere tabs are effectively double counting casting levels form classes. They however are not double counting modifiers from implements or from Global Spherecatsing Level Modifiers in the adjustment tab.

Example, a 4th level Prodigy correctly show a CL of 2 on the "Magic Sphere Abilities Tab" but on "Destruction" (or any other sphere) tab it shows as CL 4. The talents are calculating at the inflated CL as well.

I have not checked all spheres and all classes, but it seems to be consistent. I've already delayed and re-installed all of my Spheres content to make sure I wasn't on an old version.

Currently I have:
SoP v1.44
SoP:E v1.7
SoM v1.11
CoS v1.2
Destroyer's HB v1.9
Diviner's HB v1.1
Auspician's HB v1.0
Battlemage's HB v1.2
Vallaki is offline   #843 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old February 6th, 2020, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLurker View Post
With regards to Spheres of Might. There are still a fair number of missing Archtypes, would you be able to give any idea where they fall in your current timetable?
I'll put this on my to-do list for my current bugfix pass, but would you mind listing the archetypes you've found to be missing? Are they all from SoM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Regarding Might, one of my players was interested in a Technician as the Spheres of Might files went live.
On release, we were told that Technician had implementation difficulties, and would eventually be updated.
Our group hasn't really looked at the class since then.
Just curious where that stands.

If we were choosing, USoP would be our priority.
But not sure what others would choose, and we're just one group out of many.
We haven't ironed out our plans past our current projects (which are in no particular order: bugfix pass, Wild Magic, Abjurer's Handbook).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaki View Post
With one of the latest updates the Caster Level on the individual sphere tabs are effectively double counting casting levels form classes. They however are not double counting modifiers from implements or from Global Spherecatsing Level Modifiers in the adjustment tab.
We've noticed some problems with calculating CL, this among them. I've been working on that for a bit now as part of the bugfix pass. Among other things, this has involved some updates to allow CL to properly track typed bonuses and prevent incorrect stacking when dealing with bonuses to CL of a particular talent, sphere, or overall casting ability.
TheIronGolem is offline   #844 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old February 7th, 2020, 02:08 PM
For Spheres of Might there are only 3 missing
Blacksmith - Iron Chef and Techsmith
Thaumaturge - Savant

There actually seems to be something kind of weird going on with the Blacksmith Archtypes in general. There are no valid ones in the list but when I looked at it under "Everything" it seemed to have a lot of Bloodrager Archetypes listed under Blacksmith
GreyLurker is offline   #845 Reply With Quote
Vallaki

Old February 7th, 2020, 03:21 PM
The DCs on the individual Sphere tabs seems to calculate off the CL on the main Magic Sphere Abilities, rather than the CL on the individual sphere tabs. This may have been brought up before, but I don't recall.

A few additional things I've noticed with the Prodigy class from CoS:

1) When you select additional class skills (the class gets three skills to add to it's class list) it throws an error if you already have a skill as class skills from another class or if you later get that as a class skill from another class. It should validate that the selected skills chosen aren't on the static Prodigy list, but doesn't need to validate that they aren't already a class skill overall. There are a couple of reasons you may want to choose a skill to be on the prodigy list that you already have as a class skill from another source; the most obvious is so it would work with the prodigy "Steady Skill" ability.

2) On the Prodigy tab, in the ability list Steady Skills has a free form text box rather than a drop down of class skills.

3) Unbroken sequence has a drop down for a skill choice, but no choice is needed for that ability.

4) On the "Sequence" tab, once you select an opener, it says "Add new openers (1 left)" You should only be able to select one opener. Additionally, when you add an Imbuement, it always tells you that you have overspent.

Last edited by Vallaki; February 7th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.
Vallaki is offline   #846 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 10th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Sage bug.

The esoteric stuff they gain at every second level.
There are a lot of monk things listed amidst the Sage options.

If you type at the top, Champions it filters out everything that is not from that source.
I've not seen anything that suggests Monk specials are valid choices for all four types of Sage (Enhancer, Infuser, etc), but maybe they are and I missed it.
Ualaa is offline   #847 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old February 10th, 2020, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaki View Post
2) On the Prodigy tab, in the ability list Steady Skills has a free form text box rather than a drop down of class skills.
This isn't actually a bug. I used a text input here because the Aasimar FCB allows adding extra skills to be used with the ability, and class abilities won't show more than two selectors.

But you got me thinking about it, and I came up with another solution, so the next update will use a selector for Steady Skill, plus another on the Background tab for each additional skill from the FCB.
TheIronGolem is offline   #848 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old February 10th, 2020, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Sage bug.

The esoteric stuff they gain at every second level.
There are a lot of monk things listed amidst the Sage options.

If you type at the top, Champions it filters out everything that is not from that source.
I've not seen anything that suggests Monk specials are valid choices for all four types of Sage (Enhancer, Infuser, etc), but maybe they are and I missed it.
Page 16 from CotS: "Ki Power: The sage gains a ki power from the unchained monk list, treating their sage level as their monk level for all purposes of the gained ability, including determining whether or not the sage qualifies to take it."

This is similar to how Rogues and Ninjas can take each others' abilities.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; February 11th, 2020 at 03:26 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #849 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 11th, 2020, 03:43 PM
Thanks.
More options is better than fewer options.
Ualaa is offline   #850 Reply With Quote