Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Maclimes

Old August 16th, 2019, 03:24 AM
Whenever I buy armor in the app, it shows the armor penalties as simply "-", and doesn't reduce the speed or skill checks by the appropriate amounts. But it shows correctly in the catalog before I buy it.

Is there something I need to do to apply the penalties properly, or is there a bug?
Maclimes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2019, 04:55 AM
Hi Maclimes. When you buy armor in HLO, it automatically equips usually, and shows up on your character sheet on the right hand side. I suggest sending this to support@wolflair.com with as much step-by-step detail as you can offer, and we'll dig into it for you. Thanks!
Lj Stephens is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Maclimes

Old August 16th, 2019, 07:49 AM
It has something to do with the order of the process, but I can't quite figure out what. I created a Human (Versatile) Fighter, and gave him a Breastplate. The copy he got has -/- for the penalties. But if I create a new character, blank, and give him a Breastplate, it has the appropriate -2/-5 that it should (and it retains the value after completing the character).

Strange.

EDIT: Found it! I bought and sold the Breastplate after every single step. It was the act of adding my Ability Scores that broke it. Adding the four 1st level stats is fine. But checking the boxes for my Ancestry and/or Background, specifically the Strength attribute, causes the existing armor to break. WEIRD. Reporting the bug through the in-system Bug Report feature.

Last edited by Maclimes; August 16th, 2019 at 08:12 AM.
Maclimes is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2019, 08:18 AM
Core Rulebook pg. 274 in the Strength section: "If your Strength is equal to or greater than this value, you no longer take the armor’s check penalty, and you decrease the Speed penalty by 5 feet". So once you add the armor, HL determines what penalties it actually applies to your character, based on whether you meet the strength minimum for that armor, and shows you only the adjusted values.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old August 16th, 2019, 10:47 AM
So this is NOT a bug.
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ssims2

Old August 20th, 2019, 02:18 PM
I noticed that when I bought and equipped leather armor, it is actually adding 5 to my speed. Leather armor has no speed penalty, so it looks like the program is subtracting 5 from 0 (since I have strength > 10) and getting a +5 speed adjustment. THAT seems like a bug.
ssims2 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Maclimes

Old August 21st, 2019, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Core Rulebook pg. 274 in the Strength section: "If your Strength is equal to or greater than this value, you no longer take the armor’s check penalty, and you decrease the Speed penalty by 5 feet". So once you add the armor, HL determines what penalties it actually applies to your character, based on whether you meet the strength minimum for that armor, and shows you only the adjusted values.
I somehow completely missed that! Thank you!

Although it seems a bit odd that it wouldn't be clearly displayed anywhere. It certainly LOOKS like a bug or something, but now I understand where the calculation came from.
Maclimes is offline   #7 Reply With Quote