Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old November 24th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Not sure if this is a bug or an unavoidable aspect of the program. When I change one of my custom class specials and test it, all of the class levels already applied to the hero lose many of the choices applied to them.

For example, in the custom Ranger we've been working on, I change the Fast Movement class special. Levels two, three and four go red, the HP for those levels are set to zero, the class abilities (combat style, bonus feat and favored enemy) are set to zero and he loses his previously detailed animal companion), and his choice of class from his 'Finding Haleen' trait is deleted.

This is a two minute fix at his current level, but I can see it being a pretty big deal if one is making a higher level character and needs to change a custom . . .

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; November 24th, 2009 at 03:50 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbouck View Post
Malachi, the Rogue, has Killer as a trait but when printed out it is listed both as a Feat/trait and also as a Special Ability...
I apologize for not being able to find this. I fixed it in my development system a week ago, but it isn't in the user version yet.
Mathias is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis_39 View Post
For a 1st level sorcerer with the draconic bloodline it is giving them the elemental resistance and the natural ac bonus at 1st level when they should get them at third level.
As well, When you choose the draconic blood line it gives you blindsense (0feet) which is not in the draconic bloodline.
The AC and resistances will be fixed in the next update.

I can't find a mention of Blindsense 0'. Blindsense 60' is present at 20th level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis_39 View Post
As well the height calculation for half-orcs says it is the base plus 2d8 when it should be 2d12.
All the races' heights and weights haven't been converted over from the d20 versions yet.
Mathias is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilash View Post
I've been having an error for a while, but haven't reported it yet since I haven't been able to pin down what causes it. I think I may have a clue now though... Sometimes when I create a creature and select a race the application locks up and I have to terminate it with either the Task Manager or ALT+F4. It seems that this error primarily occurs when I try to create a d20 monster, but it also seems to occur if I copy a d20 monster and adjust it to Pathfinder. For example, I've been having this problem with the Stirge.

EDIT: I found the cause of the lock up myself. What seems to have happened is that the syntax for Bonus Hit Dice have changed from d20. Instead of entering 1d10 you should enter 1 in the field Bonus Hit Dice and 10 in Hit Dice # Sides. If you don't the program interprets the hit dice string (in this case 1d10) as an extremely large number. So the reason the program locks up is probably because it's busy calculating the hit points from the extremely large number of hit dice.
Actually, the mechanics are what changed. In d20, you entered a value for the number of hit dice, and text for what should be displayed to the user. In Pathfinder, you enter values for the number and size of the hit dice, and the display text is generated within the program.

I've done my best to give information to the user through the ? next to each editor entry as to what sort of information belongs in that field.
Mathias is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or an unavoidable aspect of the program. When I change one of my custom class specials and test it, all of the class levels already applied to the hero lose many of the choices applied to them.

For example, in the custom Ranger we've been working on, I change the Fast Movement class special. Levels two, three and four go red, the HP for those levels are set to zero, the class abilities (combat style, bonus feat and favored enemy) are set to zero and he loses his previously detailed animal companion), and his choice of class from his 'Finding Haleen' trait is deleted.

This is a two minute fix at his current level, but I can see it being a pretty big deal if one is making a higher level character and needs to change a custom . . .
When you test something that's already present on your character, a message pops up asking if you want to delete and re-add the thing, to warn you that this will happen.

If you're trying to build a replacement for the class your current character is using, may I recommend you do your testing on a new character, instead? Once you're done, then load the real character.
Mathias is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 24th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Ah, and since changing a class special is changing the class it actually has to delete and re-add the entire class . . . I get it.

So my current understanding is if I load the character I've already made after I've tested/saved the changes the old levels won't be deleted.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old November 24th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I've done my best to give information to the user through the ? next to each editor entry as to what sort of information belongs in that field.
Yeah, I noticed that after I saw that the creature got an absurd amount of hit dice.
evilash is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Mahrdol

Old November 24th, 2009, 06:43 PM
minor error

spells and powers list Flaming Sphere as 2d6 damage

it should be

Flaming Sphere
School evocation [fire]; Level druid 2, sorcerer/wizard 2
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M/DF (tallow, brimstone, and powdered iron)
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect 5-ft.-diameter sphere

Saving Throw Reflex negates; Spell Resistance yes
A burning globe of fire rolls in whichever direction you point
and burns those it strikes. It moves 30 feet per round. As part
of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike
a target. If it enters a space with a creature, it stops moving for
the round and deals 3d6 points of fire damage to that creature,
though a successful Reflex save negates that damage. A
flaming sphere rolls over barriers less than 4 feet tall. It ignites
flammable substances it touches and illuminates the same area
as a torch would.
The sphere moves as long as you actively direct it (a move action
for you); otherwise, it merely stays at rest and burns. It can be
extinguished by any means that would put out a normal fire of its
size. The surface of the sphere has a spongy, yielding consistency
and so does not cause damage except by its flame. It cannot push
aside unwilling creatures or batter down large obstacles. A flaming
sphere winks out if it exceeds the spell’s range.
Mahrdol is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
noseman

Old November 25th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Pg 12 of the main book:
"Unless otherwise stated, always round down."

I'll check the rest tomorrow.
I believe that if you have at least 1 level of the appropriate class, the minimum "appropriate class" modifier is +1. So at 1st thru 3rd level, the modifier is +1, than at 4th-5th, the modifier is +2, and so on. I don't have the PF book in front of me, however, so I'm going off memory.
noseman is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 25th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrdol View Post
minor error

spells and powers list Flaming Sphere as 2d6 damage
Fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #50 Reply With Quote