Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Icehawke

Old March 12th, 2018, 09:15 AM
I am back working on my HL custom game stuff and decided to skip skills for a while and concentrate on easy stuff. Like gear.

So I'm putting in the first one following the samples. I don't have minimum Str requirements, so rather than removing that field, I set it to zero.

However, my armor has three protection values. Type of damage, a base absorption value, and a wound value. After working with the files, I don't expect it's as easy as just adding new fields. Any pointers while I go digging through the files myself?
Icehawke is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Actually, it probably is that easy. Have you gone through the Savage Worlds walkthrough? They add an additional field in the section on Armor. You'll be adding the field, changing your display template and add template, and adding any additional logic, all of which are things they do in that tutorial.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawke View Post
I am back working on my HL custom game stuff and decided to skip skills for a while and concentrate on easy stuff. Like gear.

So I'm putting in the first one following the samples. I don't have minimum Str requirements, so rather than removing that field, I set it to zero.

However, my armor has three protection values. Type of damage, a base absorption value, and a wound value. After working with the files, I don't expect it's as easy as just adding new fields. Any pointers while I go digging through the files myself?
Your first step, is to decide whether to use tags or fields. Sometimes you use both and let the fields get calculated via scripts.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote