Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Sketchpad

Old April 10th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Now that content from Atomic Robo and Venture City Stories is part the FATE SRD, is Hero Lab going to have the options for powers and modes available?

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 12th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
Now that content from Atomic Robo and Venture City Stories is part the FATE SRD, is Hero Lab going to have the options for powers and modes available?
Ooooh, Powers! If FATE Core gets Powers, I can redo Dresden Files.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 13th, 2016, 01:19 PM
We don't have any current plans to add more content to the Fate SRD data files, but I haven't actually looked at the new content in the SRD, so I don't know how much work would be involved in it. We're still getting everything back together after the big Pathfinder release this month, so it won't be something we can address soon, but I'll put it on my to-do list to take a look at.

Thanks for the heads up!
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AlHazred

Old August 28th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Has anyone done anything more with this? Would love to see Community Created content for Venture City or Atomic Robo!
AlHazred is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 28th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Since everyone with a Hero Lab license gets FATE Core free I wouldn't complain if the source was available like with Savage Worlds as part of the Authoring Kit.
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 28th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlHazred View Post
Has anyone done anything more with this? Would love to see Community Created content for Venture City or Atomic Robo!
Yep. I've got my Dresden Files mod. Been waiting for a few things before any sort of offiicial distribution, though. Been waiting on social consequences, which have just recently been added. Been trying to figure out the for fair-use as far as descriptions, but now that I have the redaction script, I can keep whatever descriptions I need, remove those for distribution, and not worry about further copyright issues. And finally, I need to go through and figure out the distribution process.

So it's coming soon.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old August 28th, 2016, 06:18 PM
I'm working on a Venture City dataset, but it's coming along slow. Mostly it's cutting and pasting the descriptions, etc. out of the SRD that's taking time....
TCArknight is offline   #7 Reply With Quote