Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Unikatze

Old July 12th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if this is the best place to ask quick questions?
I've asked a few in the past but sometimes feel they're so tiny that I might be bothering or cluttering the Forums by asking them.
I read somewhere there's a fairly inactive discord channel and a more active Facebook group that I wasn't able to find.

A few of my questions right now are:

-How do you set "mounted" as a stat. Just got my first mount with my Paladin, have a lance and can't figure it out.

-How do I apply weapon blanche on weapons? I guess I could just delete the blanche when I attack with the weapon, but for arrows, would I just delete the blanche and an arrow and add an arrow of that material?

-If HeroLab is a licensed product, couldn't it have a bit more graphical support? like pictures of armor and such? This is just me nitpicking.

-Etc :P
Unikatze is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 12th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unikatze View Post
-How do you set "mounted" as a stat. Just got my first mount with my Paladin, have a lance and can't figure it out.
On the Condition tab, there is a Mounted condition, which has a selector to choose another hero in the same portfolio. Select your mount and activate the condition, and the lance should switch to a 1 handed weapon.

Quote:
-How do I apply weapon blanche on weapons? I guess I could just delete the blanche when I attack with the weapon, but for arrows, would I just delete the blanche and an arrow and add an arrow of that material?
Either of those would work.

Quote:
-If HeroLab is a licensed product, couldn't it have a bit more graphical support? like pictures of armor and such? This is just me nitpicking.
Wouldn't that be neat? Maybe someday, but no promises.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 12th, 2018, 09:09 AM
A note on blanches - adamantine blanched arrows are not the same as adamantine arrows - both will defeat DR 10/adamantine, but only real adamantine will bypass hardness 10. So arrows of that material don't properly reflect that - blanches only bypass DR - they don't do anything else that material would do. So I would recommend not using that strategy to reflect blanched arrows - I know I'd be likely to forget which arrows were which a few months later.

For my own characters, I buy the arrows as custom weapons, even if I'm not adding any materials or bonuses (although beyond first level, I always use cold iron arrows as the base, so they have to be custom anyway), and then use the custom name option to call them "silver blanched cold iron durable arrows" or something like that. To get the price right, I buy the arrows and the blanch separately, and then delete the blanch as soon as I buy it (because my character already applied it to the arrows).

The plan for blanches is to add a special property for each blanch (and set the cost up properly so that you can just buy it on the arrows in the first place), but we have not had time to implement that yet. Then there'd be a separate version that has the correct cost for non-ammo, so that you can have a reminder that you've currently got that applied.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Unikatze

Old July 12th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Thanks for your help guys
Unikatze is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old July 12th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Also, for completeness, remember that once you hit once with the weapon (or arrow, in this case), the blanch property is gone. Recovering an arrow, hit or miss, will recover only a regular arrow, not the blanched material one. Nothing to do with Herolab, here, just a rules nitpick.
thaX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote