Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

byzcath

Old June 14th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Shouldn't the Duskblade have more than just four 0-Level spells to select from?
byzcath is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 15th, 2012, 04:59 AM
According to the PHB2, no:

Quote:
The duskblade’s spell list appears below. Spells printed in this book are marked with an asterisk.
0 Level: acid splash, disrupt undead, ray of frost, touch of fatigue.

Last edited by Sendric; June 15th, 2012 at 05:30 AM.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
byzcath

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
According to the PHB2, no:
Then the class as presented in Hero Labs needs to be modified because it says my third level duskblade gets 5 known 0-level spells.

Charisma is 16.

At fourth level it becomes 6 which is what it stays.

This is only a little annoying in the the Duskblade tab stays red because I have unselected 0-level spells.
byzcath is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
My guess is that whomever put that in there, got spells known confused with spells cast per day. But I'm just guessing.
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:24 AM
The rules state that you start with knowing 2 0-level spells, and are granted an additional 0-level spell for each point of INT bonus. The author put this in, but didn't put a cap on it (since technically there isn't one). This could be done fairly easily, but I would only recommend adding it to the community files if there are no other sources for Duskblade spells. To do this, replace the current script with this:

Code:
var bonus as number

bonus = minimum(2, hero.child[aINT].field[aBonus].value)

hero.child[cHelpDsk].field[cKnowMax].arrayvalue[0] += bonus
Spells known isn't explicitly written either:

Quote:
Each time you gain a new class level, you learn one additional spell of any level you can cast, chosen from the duskblade spell list.
It might be possible to implement this so that the user gets to choose what level spell they add to if people are interested.

Last edited by Sendric; June 15th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
When I programmed the class I did notice there weren't enough 0 level spells to fill the number known for high Int duskblades, but I decided to leave that in as it is RAW. One solution would be a cap, another would be to create a non-unique placeholder spell at 0th level, in case later authors should add more options.

A similar problem is High Int characters sometimes exceeding the number of legal bonus languages. That persists in Pathfinder as well.

For the spells known I just assumed that every spell gained would be of the highest spell level a duskblade could cast at that class level. I loved playing duskblades in 3.5, but it was certainly a weird class to program in HL.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 15th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
A similar problem is High Int characters sometimes exceeding the number of legal bonus languages. That persists in Pathfinder as well.
For this reason alone, I simply removed the rule on restricting bonus languages by race. Technically, almost all languages can be considered "Common" if they are common to a region where the creature is located. I have to do a bit more mental work to logically allow/disallow a language based on locality, but it is worth not seeing the red warning all the time.
Kendall-DM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote