Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

TCArknight

Old March 27th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Hi all!

With this announcement about Savage Rifts and SWADE, I thought I should open a thread about what folks see as needed still and what might be missing?

I know proper implementation of the Mystic is a big thing, but what other areas are falling short for the SR dataset?

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old March 27th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Were you able to get the dragon hatchling added?
salcor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old March 27th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Let me double check. I think so, but I’m not sure now.... lol

Edit: Yes, it's there. Dragon hatchling race, Flame wind hatchling is in the Core, and a couple of other are in the Google Plus community files...

Working on -

Last edited by TCArknight; March 27th, 2019 at 04:50 PM.
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old April 16th, 2019, 02:55 PM
It looks like there will be a document detailing what changes need to be made to update the current Rifts books to SWADE, and since the new KS funded in 7 minutes, there is going to be a lot of new SR coming down the line.

I haven’t decided if it will be feasible to maintain two separate versions, but I will at least maintain/update/troubleshoot the existing files as things move forward with SWADE...

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
GunbunnyFuFu

Old May 1st, 2019, 11:25 AM
The preview of the update for Savage Rifts TLPG from Deluxe to SWADE is now live..71 pages!
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GunbunnyFuFu

Old May 2nd, 2019, 07:58 AM
Getting the following error messages when loading Savage Rifts:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 12) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceAbil')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 26) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceProp')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 176) - Template - Duplicate record encountered ('raPropPick')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 425) - Layout - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 457) - Tab Panel - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')

GBFF
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old May 2nd, 2019, 08:14 AM
I'm guessing you have the Generic_Racial tab downloaded as well...

I'm trying to incorporate that backwards into SR. For now, just rename any Generic_Racial* files in your savage folder with the addition of a *.bak extension instead of the current.

That should let the SR tab take precendence....

Shoot me a PM if have any issues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
Getting the following error messages when loading Savage Rifts:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 12) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceAbil')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 26) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceProp')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 176) - Template - Duplicate record encountered ('raPropPick')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 425) - Layout - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 457) - Tab Panel - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')

GBFF

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
GunbunnyFuFu

Old May 2nd, 2019, 11:19 AM
That did it...thanks!

GBFF
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Rungok

Old May 7th, 2019, 02:12 PM
Hey so how do I get this package?

[EDIT] Found the link in your signature! Sorry about the braindead question!~ that's what I get for not paying 100% attention!

[Re-EDIT] Actually, that just seems to be the update file. I can't actually install the RIFTs part, or at least I can't seem to FIND the rifts stuff in my hero lab after running the update and everything

Last edited by Rungok; May 7th, 2019 at 02:29 PM.
Rungok is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 7th, 2019, 03:29 PM
The updates file should make it show up in your Updates as an available setting, I believe.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote