Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Cobalt-Blue

Old January 30th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Using Super Powers Companion 2, whenever I apply the Switchable (primary) and the Switchable (Alternate) I get a warning that My alternates are active while my base power is active. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly?
Cobalt-Blue is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 30th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt-Blue View Post
Using Super Powers Companion 2, whenever I apply the Switchable (primary) and the Switchable (Alternate) I get a warning that My alternates are active while my base power is active. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly?
If I recall, you have to actively turn off one of them; it defaults to both of them being toggled on.
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 30th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Check on the "In Play" tab. You should only have one of the primary or alternate powers active at one time but I think the default might be to turn on the checkboxes for any power when you create it so you'll see that warning. It just wants to have only 1 (or none) of those powers in a given switchable set active at a time so it's probably showing any trait changes that might be affected but only by the right power(s).

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Cobalt-Blue

Old January 30th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Thank you. That took care of the problem. I'm switching from Mutants and Masterminds to Savage Worlds to see how it works. I'm impressed so far.
Cobalt-Blue is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 30th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Cool, tell us about it. I am a fan of M&M (my first game with Hero Lab). I have not gotten around to playing Supers with SW yet but having the data available will be great.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cobalt-Blue

Old January 30th, 2017, 03:12 PM
I will let you know how it goes. I used Mutants and Master Minds to define characters from two of my published novels. Now I'm trying it with Savage Worlds. We'll see how it works out.
Cobalt-Blue is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 31st, 2017, 07:10 AM
I'll be interested to hear about it, too; one of the things I find a warning sign is that I've heard a disproportionate number of SW dissatisfaction stories coming from people using Supers. I have a suspicion why that is, but it can't be anything but a suspicion.
Paragon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Cobalt-Blue

Old January 31st, 2017, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
I'll be interested to hear about it, too; one of the things I find a warning sign is that I've heard a disproportionate number of SW dissatisfaction stories coming from people using Supers. I have a suspicion why that is, but it can't be anything but a suspicion.
I'm curious as to your suspicion. I've found some limitations so far. I'm learning the tutorial in HL to try and fix some problems that are created by it. If you don't to publicly state them, please share them with me in a PM.
Cobalt-Blue is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 31st, 2017, 08:55 AM
I think I would encourage folks to voice their concerns or any issues they run into publicly. In a few cases it's just not being used to some of the ways Hero Lab itself does things (like using that In Play tab, such as in the original post here) but others might just be a bug or maybe something that could be improved in general and I think those are always useful to get out there.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Cobalt-Blue

Old January 31st, 2017, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I think I would encourage folks to voice their concerns or any issues they run into publicly. In a few cases it's just not being used to some of the ways Hero Lab itself does things (like using that In Play tab, such as in the original post here) but others might just be a bug or maybe something that could be improved in general and I think those are always useful to get out there.
I don't know if Paragon has a ob with another company or even with Lone Wolf or Pinnacle or Green Ronin and may not be in a position to speak freely on a public forum. I am interested in hearing what s/he has to say.
Cobalt-Blue is offline   #10 Reply With Quote