Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Richard
Volunteer Data File Author

Old July 6th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Hi Rob/Colen

These's an odd behavior when using "Duplicate Unit" with my FOW files which has been brought to my attention, and it might be a bug. You can grab the data files I'm using from http://www.datafilesrus.com/a3/FOW.ab.

Here's how you get the problem:

Create a new roster for a German Panzerkompanie, using the default rules. Add a Panzer Platoon to the roster.

Change the type of tanks in the platoon by choosing the "Panzer III G, H or J" option. The tanks change to the specified type. Deselect the option, and they change back to the default "Panzer 38(t)" type.

Now change it back to the "Panzer III G H or J" option, then right-click on the unit and choose "duplicate unit".

Now, deselect the "Panzer III G H or J" option on the new unit. On my machine, the

Can you see the inconsistent behavior? With the original, when you deselect the option, the default option kicks in. With the duplicate, the default option doesn't get selected. In fact, even though its nature is "Auto", it's left as user-selectable. If you select that first option, it reverts to being "Auto" and everything's fine from that point on.

The fact that it works perfectly for an original unit but not with the duplicate suggests there could be something going wrong when AB duplicates units, rather than with the data file itself, although this particular unit was a nightmare to program so anything's possible.

Thanks
Richard
Richard is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 7th, 2005, 12:30 AM
This sounds like a bug. We'll investigate it.

-Rob

At 05:41 AM 7/6/2005 -0400, you wrote:

Quote:
Hi Rob/Colen

These's an odd behavior when using "Duplicate Unit" with my FOW files which has been brought to my attention, and it might be a bug. You can grab the data files I'm using from http://www.datafilesrus.com/a3/FOW.ab.

Create a new roster for a German Panzerkompanie, using the default rules. Add a Panzer Platoon to the roster.

Change the type of tanks in the platoon by choosing the "Panzer III G, H or J" option. The tanks change to the specified type. Deselect the option, and they change back to the default "Panzer 38(t)" type.

Now change it back to the "Panzer III G H or J" option, then right-click on the unit and choose "duplicate unit".

Now, deselect the "Panzer III G H or J" option on the new unit. On my machine, the

Can you see the inconsistent behavior? With the original, when you deselect the option, the default option kicks in. With the duplicate, the default option doesn't get selected. In fact, even though its nature is "Auto", it's left as user-selectable. If you select that first option, it reverts to being "Auto" and everything's fine from that point on.

The fact that it works perfectly for an original unit but not with the duplicate suggests there could be something going wrong when AB duplicates units, rather than with the data file itself, although this particular unit was a nightmare to program so anything's possible.

Thanks
Richard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Bowes (rob@wolflair.com)******************************** (408) 927-9880
Lone Wolf Development************************************* www.wolflair.com
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:50 PM
We're not able to reproduce this now, but I know you've updated the data files since you reported this problem. Do you have any idea what changes you might have introduced since this bug occurred? Better yet, do you happen to have an old archive of the data files back when this bug occurred?

Thanks, Rob

At 01:41 AM 7/6/2005, you wrote:

Quote:
Hi Rob/Colen

Thanks
Richard
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote