Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2009, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilash View Post
Being a system developer myself I would love to see some sort of comprehensive reference for Hero Lab. Something along the lines of those in MSDN library for example, although obviously not as extensive. Specifically what I'm looking for is for example description of bootstraps and what Fields, Tags and Conditions are available for them, along with what values are expected. Also a reference for the scripting language.
You can find the Hero Lab authoring kit wiki here:

http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/

It should answer most of these questions. Game-specific questions, like which fields and tags are available to use, can often be answered by looking at the game-specific editor documentation.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunger00 View Post
Will this seperate add on for the bestiary be something we'll need to buy as another data set?
Yes, it will be. Adding the monsters from the Bestiary will be a major effort, which we can't justify doing unless we sell it as a separate data package.
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Any plans to go ahead and put in the variant Tiefling stuff from Council of Thieves AP? Right now there's just the pop up indicating that they're not available . . . yet.
There are so many of these, and their effects are so varied, that they'll be a real pain to cope with. For now we have no ETA - I suggest simply including your heritage bonus in your background text area.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Drawdy

Old December 27th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Yes, it will be. Adding the monsters from the Bestiary will be a major effort, which we can't justify doing unless we sell it as a separate data package.
Ante up, fellas. Here's $20 for you when it's ready! (How many of these $20 pledges would you need hire a free-lance developer to handle that?)
Drawdy is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old January 5th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I have a hard time thinking adding the Bestiary should warrent a nother 20 dollars on the old D20 OGL one it had all the monsters but i wouldnt mind paying 5 or 10 bucks for the bestiary
Virtue is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 5th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawdy View Post
Ante up, fellas. Here's $20 for you when it's ready! (How many of these $20 pledges would you need hire a free-lance developer to handle that?)
Or me to volunteer my time.
dartnet is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old January 6th, 2010, 06:48 AM
My master plan:

Use Hero Lab for Pathfinder, making use of it to put in all PCs, NPCs and monsters to make full use of the Tactical console while I finish my table (see link).

When the table is finished, use Hero Lab to do all of that and feed it into d20 Pro, which I then use to facilitate a system like this:

http://tyrendes.spaces.live.com/blog...731F!271.entry

I would gladly pay up to $30 for the bestiary IF that will also include future updates to the bestiary line for the "license". I probably would pay up to $20 and grumble a bit if it's just that book and a one-time shot.

What I do know is that missing those beasties is a huge gaping hole in the functionality after generating characters, and effectively neuters the Tactical Console. That said, it should cost something extra for all the reasons they mention (you're paying someone to type it all in - You don't work for free, why should they?)

I would buy it the first day it came out; that's for sure.

Last edited by djc664; January 6th, 2010 at 06:51 AM.
djc664 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old January 12th, 2010, 12:54 PM
So has this other project been finished so we can get some more Pathfinder Stuff
Virtue is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM
We're in the home stretch on the current project and should have it wrapped for now in the next few days. After that, Pathfinder becomes the focus again. I need to talk with Colen and Mathias regarding whether the Bestiary or the playtest classes are next on the list. I'm guessing the answer has to do with the outcome of talks we have scheduled with Paizo for next week. So we probably won't be able to give a definitive answer on which is next in line until late next week.
rob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old January 21st, 2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
We're in the home stretch on the current project and should have it wrapped for now in the next few days. After that, Pathfinder becomes the focus again. I need to talk with Colen and Mathias regarding whether the Bestiary or the playtest classes are next on the list. I'm guessing the answer has to do with the outcome of talks we have scheduled with Paizo for next week. So we probably won't be able to give a definitive answer on which is next in line until late next week.
So is the other current project finished?

Its late next week have you guys had your meeting with Paizo?
Virtue is offline   #20 Reply With Quote