Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thegneech

Old February 19th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I am noodling around with the demo version; if I can figure out how to bash in my game's various nonstandard prestige classes, I expect I'll be picking up the full copy of HeroLab and switching my game over to Pathfinder.

I went through the basic class-creating tutorial provided in the help, but the one big hole I'm finding, when trying to create a prestige class, is how to add prerequisites. For instance, the class in question has BAB +6 as one of its prerequisites. So in the "Class" tab I clicked on the "Pre-Reqs" button and entered my guest guess:

@valid = 0

if (#value[tAtkBase] >= 5) then
@valid = 1
endif

Unfortunately, this wasn't right, returning the error:

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cHelpWpM' on line 3
--> Non-existent thing 'tAtkBase' used by script.

--

NOTE: I tried to create the class as a duplicate of the Duelist PrC, since that also has a BAB pre-req and I figured I'd just crib the code from that. Unfortunately, creating a class this way seems to strip the pre-requisites. Is there somewhere I can see a working model of a PrC with pre-reqs in place?

Thanks!

-The Gneech
thegneech is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2010, 09:20 AM
The prereqs are on the class level, not the class itself - make a copy of the class level for duelist (which doesn't require going through the new class macro), and you can see its prereqs (actually, you'll find them all in the expr-reqs, which are a subset of prereqs).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thegneech

Old February 19th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Cool, thanks.

-TG
thegneech is offline   #3 Reply With Quote